Production Supervisor - 1st Shift
Eaton’s B-Line Cooper facility in Pinckneyville, IL has a great opportunity for a 1st shift Production Supervisor.
The Production Supervisor will provide leadership and direction for hourly production workers to maximize efficiency and exceed customer needs. S/he will promote a safety culture and set daily production goals and be an agent for change and continuous improvement. The Production supervisor will be a strong contributor to plant daily performance, including; safety, job performance, overtime, and hourly headcount while working with other functional leaders and managers to optimize production output.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will set team/individual goals and direct the workforce accordingly
- You will oversee day-to-day activities to meet daily, weekly, and monthly KPI's
- You will use lean manufacturing tools to implement long-term strategies
- You will foster a culture of safety, continuous improvement, and engagement
- You will be responsible for managing hourly production workers, including; expectations of job performance, coaching, and disciplinary actions
- You will demonstrate knowledge of production equipment, processes, and needs
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of manufacturing or operations experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position; candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the facility in order to be considered
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time