Project Manager – Transport Network
Eaton Electrical Division has an opening for:
Project Manager - Transport Network
Location: Hungary - Budapest
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
The role of the Network Design position is to initiate and manage projects to support the SIOP and Materials Management, Supply Chain Operations and Value Added Services teams to recommend cost-effective solutions for the materials flow of raw material, semi-finished goods and finished products from manufacturing sites to satellite assembly sites or distribution centers or local warehouses, up to delivery to the final end customer. The aim to simplify the complexity of the supply chain to enable shorter lead-times to the final end customer.
Scope of this responsibility involves:
- Developing, aligning, prototyping and training of cost-effective solutions including different types of best fit analysis for market needs, product lines, manufacturing, balanced lead-times for final end customer, best-fit routes for goods and products across European Union and non-European Union countries in EMEA region, optimization of transportation and freight with opportunities for consolidated shipments, definition of criteria for goods replenishment in terms of just-in-time, consignment, safety stocks, excess & obsolete, etc.,
This position is strongly linked to other key functions along the supply chain such as SIOP and Materials Management, Supply Chain Operations, Value Added Services, Functional Excellence (regarding network design for New Product Development), Product Line Managers, Manufacturing and Tax/Transfer price team.
You will work within our world class Engineering Team in our Budapest BSC Site and will engage with the Manager Supply Chain - Electrical Sector.
Your key deliverables :
- Manage the Network Design projects (scope, research, analysis, design and recommendations of cost-effective network flows for raw material, semi-finished and finished products) and align with processes of Logistics, Order Management and Sourcing whilst being compliant to MMA EMMAC requirements. PROLaunch will be utilized for project management.
- Partner with Supply Chain Coordinators, Materials Managers at Warehouses and Manufacturing sites to implement these cost/effective network flows including utilizing Lean Concepts and Continuous Improvement techniques to enable simplification of the network and reduction of lead-times to final end customer.
- Provide Training/Coaching on cost-effective solutions in all different functions involved and impacted by changes in the network design.
- Work with the Functional Excellence position of Performance Management KPI Design and Maintenance to ensure Network Design initiatives can be effectively measured. Inventory improvements and reduced transportation costs need to be included.
- Understand the different types of markets in the region and different customer requirements to optimize freight, warehousing and inventory solutions to ensure customer satisfaction. Consider in all decisions Total cost of ownership (TOC) for EATON and balance all requirements/KPIs in cost efficient way.
- Partner with the new SCOE Functions of Business Support, SIOP and Materials Management, Supply Chain Operations, Quality, Functional Excellence, Finance, Tax/Transfer Price, Procurement and Value Added Services for EMEA logistics and trade synergies to gather inputs and alignment from their expertise and responsibilities. For all flow changes approval from all involved parties is needed and needs to be documented.
- To contribute to New Product Development projects by ensuring the Network Design is agreed for material flow and giving due consideration to minimizing any impact on our working capital management whilst ensuring our customers are not impacted during phase in and phase out periods
- Communicates on a regular basis with EMEA Management and Senior Leadership on Network Flow improvement initiatives and flow changes which happened.
A professional with a problem solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; experienced in transportation, logistics and warehousing in a manufacturing environment – than please apply.
- Bachelors in Operations Mgmt., Supply Chain, Materials, Engineering or related technical required
- 5-year experience or more with Supply Chain Materials Planning or Operations experience
- MBA or Master Degree in Engineering / Science, or, APICS certification highly desirable
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills to operate in three levels: strategic, tactical and execution of initiatives
- Critical ability to coordinate and influence different functions as Sales, Supply Chain, Operations, and Finance members involved into network models and inventory levels
- Ability to quickly analyze operational inefficiencies based on data-driven KPIs and separate performance issues from subjective innuendo is essential for right decision, 80% good decision rule is critical to achieve benefits and cost savings earlier
- Understanding of the product lines is desirable to address specific points differentiating key organizational dynamics to operate an efficient balance of demand and supply, and mitigate risks.
- Regional EMEA business experience highly desirable
- Fluency in English language is required to operate across countries in regional level and alignment with Manufacturing and Supply Chain organizations in Global Electrical and Corporate
- Ability to lead a regional cross-functional team in the development and implementation of initiatives
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills required
- Must have a demonstrated ability in the area of strategic process creation and implementation, where Project Management skills are desirable to ensure initiatives under Eaton Business Pro-launch / PM methodologies
- Must have strong motivation and mentoring skills to develop teams
- Excellent communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills necessary to converse with diverse group of stakeholders
- Managerial and collaborative skills to achieve and meet supply chain and customer requirements and to gain the support needed to influence on models recommended to be deployed by other teams as Supply Chain Warehouse Mgmt. /or sites, /or Supply Chain Coordinators
- Must ensure compliance to MSC standards & practices as EMMAC, etc.
- Understanding of ERP systems & tools needed to partner with IT organization on modeling ERP & tools towards common processes/specific requirements for data accuracy, reporting
- Experience on Continuous Improvement and Lean concepts is desirable
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ES EMEA Region
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time