Manager Supplier Development
- Supplier part PPAP for New Product development .
- On time PPAP approval & Flawless launch
- Continually monitors suppliers Performance status (PPM and DMR) and overall supplier performance at assigned plants. Performs fundamental data analysis (Quality systems, PPM, DMR) to determine performance level of suppliers and drive action plans as required when necessary. Conduct Quality and Process audits to drive performance improvement or to solve quality issues. Set action plans with suppliers and follow-up action plan execution.
- Participates on projects risk assessments to define parts criticality. Participates in growth and strategic cost-out project teams aiming to assure quality on new products or process changed launches.
- Works with suppliers and plant quality to implement effective 8D corrective action and comprehensive performance improvement plans as required. Works collaboratively with SDE and effective escalate major supplier issues when necessary.
- Works with Receiving inspection team in order to define inspection plans, sampling quantities and frequencies, skip lot, containment actions, sorting and non conform material disposition.
- Follow-through APQP execution in suppliers. Define PPAP submission level and requirements for each part number developed, evaluate and approve PPAPs. In case of interim approval, monitors expiration date, corrective actions implementation and lastly PPAP full approval.
- Drive error proofing usage and effectiveness on parts development (PPAP process) and corrective actions.
- Support supplier on issues involving recent transactions.
- Works in accordance with Eaton’s defined Supplier Development Procedures, Local Procedures, Processes and Work instructions. Assists, as required, in training of staff (supplier and Eaton staff) on Supplier Development Procedures, Local Procedures, Processes and Work instructions
- Technical degree in engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
- Work toward or ASQ certified Quality Engineer
- 12 - 15 years plant manufacturing experience
- 5 years experience in using quality tools/methodologies(PPAP, APQP, MSA, SPC, auditing)
- Working toward or certified Six Sigma Green Belt
- Knowledge of Automotive Industry specific quality registration (ISO/TS16949)
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the company
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to communicate in English as a primary/secondary language
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time