Product Line Manager - Electrical Systems and Services- Switchgear Division
The Product Line Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of the product line strategic plan, including new product development projects and marketing programs to obtain growth in orders, sales, and profit of assigned products. In this role, the Product Line Manager will plan, manage, and oversee the formulation of all short-term and long-term objectives and business plans for switchgear products, including meeting sales, market share, price realization, profitability, and product quality metrics; leading the new product development process and program management function; lead engineering functions to support the manufacturing processes of the company; manage product line resources responsible for negotiations, customer order engineering, sales support, and product management. This role will also regularly participate in and report out product line financials, including forecasting and performance to plan, as required by management.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Manage P&L for the product line, including planning, managing, and coordinating customer orders and backlog to achieve Profit Plan metrics
- Lead the product line commercial and engineering team, including performance management, goal setting, and development planning for all team members.
- Conduct voice of the customer interviews and feeds customer desires into internal organization through customer visits, industry association participation, and competitive research.
- Maintain current knowledge and expertise of product engineering technologies, new product designs, competitor capabilities and practices, market conditions, and market channels in order to develop short-term and long-term product design opportunities and manufacturing strategies.
- Define, implement, and manage product marketing and strategic sales plans to include opportunities for organic growth as well as identifying and nurturing third party partnerships/joint ventures.
- Develop and coordinate marketing communications materials for all sales channels, internal and external, related to new product launches, channel promotions, and internal promotions.
- Establish and maintain acceptable customer service standards with respect to product line including quote response times, product lead times, engineering drawing turnaround time.
- Continually analyze and interpret customer questions, requirements, or problems making effective decisions around concessions, as needed to support overall growth plans.
- Manage and oversee the preparation of effective quotations, bids, and related negotiation documentation for the sales of products produced by the company.
- Oversee the New Product Development PROLaunch process for the product line to achieve desired results,. Ensure that feature, quality, and cost objectives are reached and that schedules are kept.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
Direct product and application knowledge in MV power distribution systems.
Requires strong leadership skills, including direct experience leading leaders.
Must have proficient negotiation skills, ability to continuously prioritize activity in a dynamic environment
Knowledge of basic financial statements and management of commercial budgets.
Minimum of 7 years marketing, product management, and/or outside field sales experience.
Experience with various sales channels including manufacturer’s reps and large channel partners.
MBA or Masters in Engineering
5 yrs field sales experience with at least 2 in field sales management preferred
Specific Utility or Power Distribution experience (commercial or technical capacity)
Experience working in international environment is a plus
Engineering management experience, experience with managing new product development processes.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time