Partner Development Manager
Eaton’s Data Center vertical is currently seeking a Partner Development Manager to join our team. This position is able to work in a U.S. remote office location or any U.S. Eaton location.
The Partner Development Manager is responsible for achieving sales quota or market development quota consistent with the expectations of a seasoned sales professional. In this role, you will be selling and supporting key channel partners that sell to the public sector with an emphasis on federal government, education and state/local government agencies. This position will work at a national level, developing relationships with existing and high potential resellers as well as direct market reseller (DMR’s), government partners, mission critical furniture partners and potentially end user accounts within the public sector.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop existing and new customers in the assigned territory with growth expectations
- You will drive project based business
- You will conduct customer technical and application training
- You will execute sales plans to meet performance expectation and requirements
- You will build relationships with key customers in the assigned region to help gain market share
- You will prepare sales proposals based on customer needs and expectations
- You will demonstrate superior selling skills for important customer services and applications under a variety of challenging circumstances
- You will provide technical and solution based product training
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
- A minimum of 5 years outside selling experience in the power quality, mission critical, or IT industry
- Must possess a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside in the U.S., and will work in a U.S. remote location or U.S. Eaton location.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business from an accredited institution
- Experience selling through partners to end users in both mission critical and datacenter environments
- A Minimum of 5 years outside selling experience in the Channel, interacting with customers at the C-level and below
- Must be able to travel domestically 50% of the time
- Knowledge and sales experience in within the Public Sector, specifically to Mission Critical environments and/or IT market
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with internal and external customers in a fast-paced environment
- Superior knowledge of the sales process and technical background that would support the required product knowledge
- Aptitude to work remotely with minimum hands-on management therefore must be a self-starter
- Must have demonstrated ability to effectively interface with internal and external customers in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior knowledge of the sales process and technical background that would support the required product knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven strategic and tactical program and sales plan execution
- Strong team player that actively contributes to the group’s success
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in addition to strong organizational skills
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and balance workload
- Strong computer skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the Internet
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time