Product Engineer (Motor Control Centers)
- You will prepare manufacturing drawings (MIs, wiring diagrams, schematics, etc.) using design software and schedule jobs for the assembly of service center products (Motor Control Centers; Enclose Controls)
- You will perform parts purchasing in support of manufacturing orders. Proactively manage inventory to ensure accuracy of purchasing and timely production relative to customer commitments
- You will maintain good working relationships with customers, distributors, supply chain, Eaton sales personnel and internal plant personnel in support of a quality customer service effort
- You will provide technical support and troubleshooting with all stakeholders (customers, distributors, Eaton employees, etc.) as technical expert on engineering for assigned products / jobs, which may include off-site visits / occasional travel
- You will manage client group with little guidance from management; tasks may include determining when to visit job sites, onboard submittal reviews, general sales calls with Plant Manager
- You will assist with specific scheduling for Service Center products; ensure these items are manufactured based on customer need and plant capacity levels
- You will establish, negotiate and authorize price levels & lead times for Service Center products based on competitive feedback, plant workload and guidance from the Business Operations Manager
- You will manage Customer Quality (CQM) warranty issues with respect to troubleshooting and engineering of products shipped
- You will manage engineering directives from product line engineering and ensure implementation; as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year of product engineering experience (includes internships/co-op experience)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or Mechatronics Engineering
- •3 years of related product engineering experience
- •Strong product knowledge of Motor Control Centers
- •Strong knowledge of controls engineering
- •Knowledge of Eaton applications (Bid Manager, POM, AS400, Mapics)
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Strong business acumen
- Knowledge of basic electricity
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and analyze product application issues and drive them to root cause resolution.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to work well in a small team environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with internal and external customers.
- Must be a strong team player that enjoys a fast paced environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time