• Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
• Confer with Focus Factory Manager and / or product Engineering concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
• Recommend, select, and requisitions machinery, tools, jigs, and fixtures required to produce a quality product.
• Confer with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for the purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
• Oversee the installation and startup of new equipment. Coordinate the introduction of the equipment with the EH&S Coordinator to review and assess potential safety, health and environmental risk hazards.
• Establish manufacturing capabilities, cost reduction methods, production schedules, and other considerations which facilitate production processes.
• Support the Product/Quality Engineers in the design of the product to facilitate the most efficient assembly procedure with the best possible quality assurance.
• Protect and safeguard all processes which are advantageous to the manufacturing process.
• Coordinate the preparation of operation instruction sheets and visual aids; provide training in the use of mistake proofing concepts and techniques.
• Establish and administer preventive maintenance programs with the Maintenance Department to effectively service the unit's mechanical and electrical resources.
• Support and participate in company's health, safety, and environmental programs and ensure that applicable programs are integrated in all manufacturing processes. Must assure strict adherence to the MESH program procedures.
• Support the ISO/TS quality system requirements.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in production processes.
Working knowledge of high volume manufacturing environment.
Ability to lead people.
Good communication skills at different levels.
AutoCAD / Solid Works knowledge.
Knowledge in hydraulic, pneumatic, electro-mechanical systems and PLC.
Knowledge in methods, machinery cost effectiveness and phases of tool and die.
Solid experience on Lean Manufacturing tools.
Experience on problem solving techniques (8 D).
Experience on ISO/TS quality systems.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time