Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a talented Senior Manufacturing Engineer for the South Milwaukee, WI facility.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will establish, maintain manufacturing processes which will result in significant or important advancements in productivity, product cost, quality and/or the maintenance of the equipment and its production process. Perform a wide variety of engineering and technical tasks involving the application of engineering knowledge and the development of solutions to complex problems pertaining to products, materials, manufacturing processes, tests, and unique design applications. This role supports plant Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost by establishing robust test system and processes and automating manufacturing processes with advanced technologies.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will support Production, Engineering, and Manufacturing Services departments during equipment installation, modification, startup and troubleshooting of equipment.
- You will interact with other departments; quality, operations and suppliers to achieve objectives as part of a product and process improvement team.
- You will accurately communicate status and quality of project and deliverables to team, management and stakeholders.
- You will adhere to Safety initiatives by supporting MESH requirements, performing safety audits and fostering safety improvement culture throughout department.
- You will lead manufacturing process automation projects and deploy sound engineering controls to reduce cost and improve quality.
- You will ensure that all critical to quality characteristics are identified, measured, and documented on the Control Plan.
- You will develop, implement, and document production test processes and methods. Certify/test new hourly operators for adequate skills adherence to Standard Work.
- You will develop equipment maintenance requirement and ensure preventive and repair maintenance is complete.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Metallurgy from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 2 years of manufacturing engineering experience
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates currently residing within a 50 mile radius of South Milwaukee, WI will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Lean or Six Sigma certification
- Experience with silver plating operations
- Experince with brazing alloys and/or heat treat operations
- Experience with equipment & process control methodology
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time