Junior Project Manager
Eaton is currently seeking a Junior Project Manager for our Eaton Care Distribution and Control solutions division. This position is based at our Burlington, Ontario facility.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for proactively managing and coordinating the technical and commercial aspects of basic to high value complex project orders containing standard, assembled-to-order and engineered-to-order equipment. The incumbent will serve as a customer advocate and demonstrate a leadership role in complex issues related to the project, while communicating with plants, field sales, and assigned customer base regarding the status of orders including maintaining drawing and production schedules, specification requirements, and addressing technical and logistical concerns to ensure on-time and accurate delivery of project commitments.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will Maintain the commercial integrity of assembled to order projects. This includes reviewing and understanding customer purchase order requirements, ensuring system data integrity, and maintaining financial control measures
- You will Maintain the technical integrity of assembled-to-order projects. This includes reviewing and understanding customer specifications, communicating with plant engineers, drawing review and submittal, and providing technical clarifications
- You will review and issue drawings or procure drawings from plant engineers. Make drawing changes as necessary where drawings are available,
- You will be responding to requests for quote, pricing adders/deducts for product changes
- You will Manage multiple project orders and prioritize time and tasks effectively to serve Eaton’s customers
- You will maintain the scheduling and financial tracking of all assigned project orders including accurate invoicing, on-time shipments, and logistical planning
- You will communicate effectively with project managers, plants, credit, field sales, and other internal departments to ensure accurate, on-time delivery of project commitments
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Electrical / Mechanical Engineering Technologist Diploma from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with complex and large projects in the industry, either in project management, sales/quotations, or engineering
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 100km of Burlington, ON will be considered for this position
- P. Eng or C.E.T designation
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Bilingual in English and French language would be an asset
Position Success Criteria:
- Effective time management and project management skills
- Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload
- Efficient and effective communication skills (verbal and typed)
- Strong analytical approach, detail oriented, and creative problem solving techniques
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficient with conflict resolution and interpersonal savvy
- Strong computer skills and high proficiency in Microsoft applications
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time