Category Manager Services Indirect EMEA
Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for :
Category Manager Services Indirect EMEA
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
The primary function of the EMEA Commodity Manager is to manage designated Categories of Spend (hereinafter referred to as CATEGORIES) within the EMEA region, ensuring an uninterrupted and timely supply at the optimum cost and quality that satisfies stakeholder requirements and company goals. This includes supplier sourcing, negotiations, contracting and supplier performance management. Designated Categories include Human Resources, Travel and Marketing Services.
The EMEA Commodity Manager is responsible for the definition and deployment in conjunction with key stakeholders across all business group of the Sourcing strategy for the designated CATEGORIES across all countries in EMEA. The position is responsible for the regional selection and relationship building with key suppliers, for an effective program management of designated CATEGORIES within the region and for the year over year reduction in overall total cost of ownership of the same.
The position is within EMEA Indirect Material & Services organization and report to the EMEA Professional Services Category Lead
- Provides regional leadership, management and oversight for assigned CATEGORIES on a region wide (EMEA) basis.
- Under the leadership of the EMEA Professional Services Category Lead, in conjunction with respective business unit’s stakeholders and the Corporate IPO Global Category Lead, develop, align and deploy effective key commodity strategies for the related CATEGORIES, with accountability to positively impact associated annual commodity spend.
- Deliver an annual Cost Out into the businesses P&L & drive Cost Avoidance of inflationary and discretionary spending items (where appropriate), impacting Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for assigned CATEGORIES, increasing leverage across a rationalized set of preferred supplier partners.
- Responsible to define and document in an Approved Supplier List as either ‘strategic’, ‘approved’ or ‘To Be Right sized’, working collaboratively with business units to convert spend to either ‘strategic’ or ‘approved’ supply base. With this approach, create and leverage a rationalized supply base that covers the majority of spend and is managed at a strategic level in both organizations.
Your key deliverables :
- Develop regional strategy for assigned CATEGORIES, in support of global Strategies and in alignment with regional business requirements
- Build and maintain internal relationship with Regional stakeholders at all levels to clearly understand and influence requirements for assigned CATEGORIES
- Lead the supplier market analysis and ensure supplier qualification for RFQ’s
- Establish and lead regional cross-functional and cross-business supplier selection teams
- Lead supplier selection process and supplier negotiation to achieve the most competitive proposal in terms of pricing, service level, quality standard, process delivery for world class solutions
- Develop and finalize supply agreement and service level agreements in accordance with business, financial, legal and regulatory requirements
- Manage EATON supplier’s relationship for assigned CATEGORIES across EMEA and create long term supplier relationships to ensure deployment programs within cost, time, & quality requirements
- Build performance based supplier relationship leading to continuous and sustainable cost reductions, quality improvements, process improvements and on time delivery performance
- Lead and conduct supplier performance reviews on agreed KPI’s and develop continuous improvement initiative and actions.
- Lead the Cost Out and Saving performance for assigned CATEGORIES across EMEA, identifying initiatives and directly managing Cost Out projects to fully maximize benefits
- Engage the Suppliers Base within assigned CATEGORIES to drive innovative solutions, leading to Continuous improvement or Added Value differentiators in our internal processes or service delivery
- Participate in Global Commodity teams, leveraging their initiatives, ensuring adequate regional input as well as securing regional benefits from global strategies.
- Possess intimate knowledge of market drivers, suppliers landscape, industry trends and business risks for assigned CATEGORIES
- Understand functional requirements at Global level and business needs at a Regional level
- Understands service level specifications, service performance requirements and end user expectations,
- Capable to source and deploy (with Supplier support) service providers with cost-effective methods
- Possesses negotiation and supplier management skills
- Ability to develop and negotiate effective commercial contracts on behalf of Eaton.
- Aware of other functional roles and responsibilities and how they support business objectives
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time