- You will implement and improve CIF and work to mature initiatives that support our high 5 metrics and engagement. This includes working with functional teams (Quality/SC) to support the HPWT model.
- You will develop operational plans to support plant sales and inventory objectives. Lead the planning, organization and staffing of manufacturing cells and also develop the operation systems, operating schedules, and workloads to ensure the most effective and timely use of production equipment and personnel. Plan and manage training, instruction, and guidance of assigned workforce.
- You will work with the OPEX manager on capital equipment programs for production equipment and information systems, work with SCM to develop material and work order solutions to improve and sustain our high five metrics.
- You will fully support the implementation of Lean/Six Sigma Manufacturing, MESH, and EBEA initiatives and identify and implement methods and practices to achieve steady improvements in efficiency, quality, delivery and operating profits.
- You will develop and maintain constructive working relationships with employees to effectively lead cultural change that embodies the Eaton Philosophy. Communicate and demonstrate Eaton best practices, ethics, values and philosophy throughout the organization.
- You will remain knowledgeable of required personnel related guidelines, policies and procedures of the company and take action necessary to ensure adherence. Insure that all site guidelines are administered fairly and equitable.
- You will develop, motivate and coach team members. Acts a champion for development planning, succession planning and goal setting for direct reports. Challenge direct reports to “Raise the Bar”.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering or Supply Chain or a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
A minimum of 3 years of experience in manufacturing or operations.
A minimum of 3 years of experience in management/leadership role managing people.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Relocation is NOT approved only candidates residing within a 50 miles radius of Jackson , MI will be considered for this position.
Experience in Eaton’s CIF(Continuous Improvement Framework)
Master’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or an associated technical field from an accredited institution
Lean/Six Sigma Certification
Management experience including supervising professional staff
Previous experience in manufacturing management or operational excellence
Strong analytical thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
Data-driven, disciplined, objective, and detail-oriented
Acts as a business partner; sees the big picture and works through ambiguity and change
Ability to be energetic, a critical thinker, skilled in driving process improvement.
Leadership and sense of urgency: ability to drive to positive results in a complex environment.
Strong ability to develop and motivate people
Effective use of communication and tact with stakeholders
Advanced computer knowledge with MS Office Applications
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time