Power Electronics Control Specialist
- You will develop control and protection algorithms and firmware for electric motors and power converters
- You will perform modeling and simulation for the electric motors and power converters control development
- You will implement, test, and troubleshoot control firmware
- You will establish system & sub-system level control requirements from functional specifications and application needs
- You will plan and perform control algorithms and firmware development and validation on HIL and lab
- You will create technical reports and presentations
- You will initiate and lead design reviews and technical discussions including brainstorming
- You will stay current with the latest technologies trends and applies knowledge to the development of control firmware for electric motors and power converters
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution
- Minimum 7 years of engineering experience in the control algorithm development and implementation for electric motors and/or power converters
- Knowledge of power electronics hardware
- Working knowledge of HIL HW and SW
- Experience in developing and implementing electric motor and power converter control with auto-code generation tools (e.g. Simulink Coder)
- Experience working in diverse cultural situations with global customers and team members
- Self-motivated and goal oriented individual.
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Collaborative orientation, the ability to succeed in a highly team oriented, global, and diverse environment.
- Consistently acts in an ethical, open, honest, trustworthy and truthful manner.
- Desire for innovation, new product development, program management … to make what matters work!
- Strong background in digital control and electric motor / power converter control techniques such as d-q transformation and P & Q control
- Experience with embedded software structuring and C/C++ programming
- Knowledge of real-time operating systems and digital signal processing
- Experience with DSP, FPGA, or microcontrollers, and standard peripheral components
- Familiarity with development tools such as compilers and debuggers
- Ability to learn new skills, technical knowledge, products, or industry
- Position requires up to 15% travel domestic and international.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Electrical Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time