Welder - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Welder to join our second shift team. This position is based at our Arden, NC facility.
The primary function of the Welder is to perform routine welding operations of a repetitive and non-repetitive nature on standard and near-standard assemblies. Assist other operators in their work as directed/required. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world.
We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will perform welding from manufacturing information, bills of material, written and/or oral instructions.
- You will operate equipment/machinery to produce parts.
- You will interpret work orders including; written, oral, Kanban cards, and drawings.
- You will maintain necessary tools and materials for continuous operation.
- You will inspect final component against work specifications.
- You will perform necessary operator maintenance on machining and fabrication equipment.
- You will provide on-the-job training for new operators.
- You will perform TPM and 5S+ responsibilities daily.
- You will pick up and place scrap in appropriate containers.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Valid Welding Certificate or Welding Education
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation is available for this position, only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Arden, NC facility will be considered
- Previous experience with manufacturing fabrication
- Demonstrated welding ability / knowledge - A welding demonstration is required
- Able to lift 35 pounds – waist, shoulder, overhead
- Able to read calipers and tape measures
- Able to read blue prints
- Proven history of safe work habits
- Must be able to work effectively without direct supervision
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office, Internet, etc.
- Must be able to work overtime – weekdays and weekends
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No