Lead Senior Medium Voltage Switchgear Design Engineer
Eaton’s Power Quality division is currently seeking a Lead Senior Medium Voltage Design Switchgear Engineer to join our team. This position will be based at our Greenwood, South Carolina facility.
This Lead Senior Medium Voltage Switchgear Design Engineer will be responsible for leading and performing a wide variety of engineering, project management, and technical tasks involving the application of engineering knowledge and the development of solutions to complex problems pertaining to products, materials, manufacturing processes, development tests, and unique customer applications.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will design products through functions including but not limited to 3D modeling, stack up analysis, and drawing generation.
- You will manage new product development projects, including developing and maintaining detailed project schedule and scope while incorporating resource management, maintaining a budget, and meeting milestone deliverables.
- You will generate novel product and design concepts, and submit appropriate invention disclosures and patents.
- You will delegate design and drafting responsibilities to team and manages the release of engineering models & documents through change management practices.
- You will develop and execute design verification test plans and reports.
- You will support the quality team in determining root cause for warranty and quality issues, and recommend potential solutions.
- You will collaborate with supply chain and purchasing to identify and select suppliers to support new designs.
- You will initiate and prepare specifications for products, equipment, and processes while maintaining awareness and control of costs.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of engineering experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of engineering experience in an electrical/industrial product design function in the power distribution and/or controls industry
- Professional engineering registration (PE License) desirable
- Project management or team leadership experience
- Ability to communicate technical information to cross functional team
- Applicant must be able to create 3D component and assembly models.
- Applicant must be capable of setting up physical tests and experiments including working with hand and power tools.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time