Ras Operator & Welder - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Ras Machine Operator and Welder on 1st shift to join our team. This position is based at our Badger Drive facility in Waukesha, WI.
The Machine Operator and Welder is responsible the operation of the Ras folding machine, cabinet welding, and setup material handling. Responsible for performing the various job functions as described in the job description at an acceptable level of efficiency and quality. Operators must be willing to perform various duties and assist all other team members as needed to meet production goals.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Machine Operation
- You will operate folding machine to fabricate various cubicle and cabinet parts. Performs productive maintenance on folding machine as needed.
- You will determine if material is to specs., also checks prints for ECN’s, etc. and for latest revisions.
- You will operate crane, electric stackers, and other mechanical assists to move, position and unload heavy parts and assemblies.
- You will check material specifications, dimensions on shop orders and prints or ECN’s against customer specifications for accuracy.
- You will operate a mig welding machine and air grinder to fabricate parts as needed.
- You will operate check parts against prints to assure proper dimensions and locations.
- You will be responsible for proper fit and appearance of finished part according to quality specifications, using mild and stainless steels.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Must have a Welding Certification from an accredited institution and/or 1 year of Welding experience in a manufacturing environment.
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of the work location in order to be considered.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Ability to successfully complete Eaton’s Power Systems weld test.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No