Production Welder - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Production Welder-2nd shift (Saturday-Sunday) to join our team. This position is based at our Badger Drive facility in Waukesha, WI
The Production Welder operates a mig welding machine and air grinder, assembling and welding tank covers, nut guards, doors, risers/sills, production orders, switch module cubicle components, and single/three phase cubicle components. Operator checks parts against prints to assure proper dimensions and locations. The welder is responsible for proper fit and appearance of finished part, according to quality specifications.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You must determine if material is to specs., also checks prints foe E.C.O.’s N.C.R.’s, etc. and for latest revisions.
- You will support and set-up material in positioner, jig or fixtures. Also makes simple layouts when required.
- You will weld or stud weld various types of hardware to part being built.
- You will tack welds part, adjusting wire feed for proper size weld seam.
- You will grind excess weld and trims edges for fit of parts and appearance.
- You will operate crane, electric stackers, and other mechanical assists to move, position and unload heavy parts and assemblies.
- You must know how to operate oxyacetylene cutting/carbon arc torch and how to replace mig torch body, lever switch and hoses from wire feed to torch body.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High school graduate or GED is required from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year of manufacturing experience or Welding certification.
- Must be able to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Position not eligible for relocation. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of the work location in order to be considered.
- Ability to successfully complete Eaton’s Power Systems weld test with a score greater or equal to 80%
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No