EMEA Creative & Art Director
Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for :
EMEA Creative & Art Director
Location: Hungary - Budapest
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
The EMEA creative and art director will play a key role developing the visual identity and design of Eaton’s promotional campaigns and point of sale (PoS) materials. The creative and art director will work closely with Eaton’s segment marcomm managers and business unit content managers to develop a compelling visual identity for campaigns and associated collaterals that resonates with the target personas while fully adhering to Eaton’s brand guidelines.
The role will work closely with Eaton marcomm team members and external copywriters to translate briefs into creative ideas, layouts and art concepts and then coordinate the development of materials working closely with Eaton’s internal team of graphic designers and DTP experts in its Creative CoE in Pune, India. The role will also be expected to develop design concepts for the full range of multimedia assets including: print collaterals, web & landing pages, metaphorical photography, video, event displays, point of sale (PoS), promotional materials and packaging.
- Work closely with marcomm managers and BU content managers to develop compelling creative visual identities and associated style guides for marketing collaterals supporting regional campaigns “seasons” and product launches/promotions
- Provide creative support to Eaton’s country sales organizations in the development of local marketing assets
- Produce sketches, storyboards and roughs to visualize ideas that support Eaton’s strategic positioning with target buyers at all stages in the customer journey
- Oversee development of brand-compliant templates for all standard content assets including: catalog pages, brochures, PoS, packaging, web & landing pages, event displays and PromoBoxes for channel promotions
- Oversee development of metaphorical photography and campaign video content working closely with external vendors in Europe for storyboard development and production as well as the Eaton Creative CoE for post-production work
- Attend daily sprint review
calls (as Srum Master) with Creative CoE studio manager (product owner)
and core graphic design and 3D team members. During sprint calls, backlog
items (design briefs on Trello board) will be sized and assigned, major
blockers identified and tackled and weekly sprint retrospectives will be
used to drive continuous improvement in
- Determine production schedule by conferring with Pune Creative CoE production departments; outlining basic presentation concepts; coordinating creative activities
- Improves quality and results by constantly analyzing, evaluating, and re-designing processes; recommending changes to art, copy writing, and production functions as appropriate
- Work closely with Eaton’s global corporate marketing director to stay abreast of Eaton’s brand guidelines and ensure adherence to those guidelines in the development of all marketing materials across the EMEA region
- Oversee purchasing of rights managed imagery from global preferred vendors (Getty Images) and compliance with associated IP obligations
- Oversee deployment of new content and event scheduling platform including training users on how to use system and take full advantage of functionality
- Proven working experience as an art and creative director in either an agency or in-house environment, preferable serving clients across the EMEA region
- Ability and experience in working on de-coupled creative briefing and specifications building skills
- Hands on experience with logo design, typography, color, web layout design, print production, image selection and package design
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Thorough understanding of photography, typography and printing
- Experienced in managing and copywriting campaign headlines, emails, advertising and other marketing collateral.
- Fluent English speaker, with
potential proficiency in other European languages preferred but
- Internal stakeholder management across multiple locations
- Ongoing drive to improve performance, service delivery and quality leveraging agile methodologies and working processes
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ES EMEA Region
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time