Quality Inspector I- 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Quality Inspector I 1st Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility.
The Quality Inspector I will perform a variety of specific and detailed (form, fit and function) inspection functions which are required by Customers to ensure their product meets or exceeds specifications, requiring selection of inspection equipment, methods, procedures and techniques appropriate to the product and Customer expectations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will make certain all checklists, red tags and written process changes are complete and cleared by certified personnel signatures. Notify area supervisors, production managers and others as required of problems in a timely manner to resolve CAR’s prior to shipment due dates.
- You will collect defect information per product and track for appropriate long term resolutions to CAR’s.
- You will keep records on all defect information to establish historical database
- You will properly use and maintain inspection equipment.
- You will review drawings and examine structure to isolate defects and utilize all appropriate resources such as, supervisors, production managers, engineers and product managers.
- You will support problem solving and continuous improvement efforts
- You will observe all safety and hygiene requirements as specified or directed. Maintain a clean, orderly and safe workplace.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 1 year of manufacturing experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Relocation is not offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Greenwood, SC area (60 miles) will be considered for this position (with exception of internal candidates currently assigned to one of our Greenwood, SC sites)
- Minimum of 2 year technical degree in Engineering
- Minimum 1 year of assembly experience, in order to fully understand the Customer expectations with respect to Expert Quality, functionality of the products and technical specifications
- Minimum 1 year of experience communicating with various levels of the organization and with customers
- Minimum 1 year of experience with Microsoft Internet Explorer, Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Minimum 1 year of experience reading and interpreting drawings, measuring parts, reading digital and analog measuring devices, and calculating measurement variances against a specification
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No