Power Conversion Senior Specialist Engineer
- You will be a technical leader, create emerging power conversion & power system solutions based on breakthrough technologies for industrial, automotive, truck, and aerospace applications.
- You will lead and develop technology projects by working with teams (local and remote resources) and external technology resources (Business Divisions, Universities and Customers).
- You will advance state of the art power electronics, power systems, and power converter technologies, as well as identify and develop commercialization opportunities with diverse Eaton businesses.
- You will own technical leadership and collaborate with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural globally distributed teams, provide technical direction and mentor younger engineers.
- You will partner with the sales team during customer visits and discuss customer needs, Eaton capabilities, and future technologies
- Identify, analyze, develop, and validate advanced technologies in the fields of power conversion and power systems
- Participate in technology strategy development along with Eaton's businesses, and lead technology road maps
- Lead and support technology development projects and coordinate global teams (businesses within Eaton, universities, national labs, customers)
- Engage with and manage stakeholder relationships - business divisions in the U.S. and globally
- Serve as principal investigator in government proposal preparation and/or project execution of large projects and those considered white space for Eaton
- PhD in engineering from an accredited institution
- Ten years' industrial or entrepreneurial experience
- 10 years of extensive experience in low and medium voltage power conversation and power systems engineering
- 10 years of extensive experience in any of the following areas: medium voltage motor drive technology, drive/converter topologies, high-power electronics; electric machines and controls; electrification of vehicles, energy storage and grid connected converters; alternative power generation and distribution
- 10 years of extensive experience in modeling power converters and power systems using simulation tools (example: MATLAB/Simulink, PLECS, Simplorer, PSIM and/or PSCAD)
- Seven years of experience in power electronic electromechanical packaging techniques; familiarity with various power electronic component cooling techniques
- Experience with the design and analysis of magnetic components for power electronics circuits, such as high frequency inductors and transformers, and an extensive knowledge of the materials and construction techniques and how they affect their characteristics
- Consistently acts in an ethical, open, honest, trustworthy and truthful manner
- Demonstrated technology leadership
- Collaborative orientation and the ability to succeed in a highly team oriented environment
- Globally astute, understands how to adapt communication style to fit different cultures
- Self-motivated and goal oriented individual
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, drive for results, and managerial courage
- Excellent English presentation and communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to deal with management, employees, customers, and suppliers. Senior management level communication and presentation skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time