Engineering Program Manager
- Lead the execution of innovative power systems & power conversion based programs based on breakthrough technologies for electrical, industrial, automotive, truck, and aerospace applications.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural globally distributed teams.
- Provide support during program proposal efforts in determining WBS, level of effort, resource planning and cost.
- Manage Profit and Loss of Research & Technology programs. Responsibility, Authority and Accountability (RAA) for every project scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost and quality commitments.
- Initiate, lead and support global technology programs utilizing Eaton’s internal AgileStarts™ framework including Technology Reviews, and Project Reviews.
- Manage stakeholder relationships with Business Divisions and externally (Universities, National Labs, End Customers)
- Assist in developing technology/solution visions, compelling value propositions for key technologies, technology and product roadmaps to enable market commercialization.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering field from accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in managing projects and programs with multiple stakeholders and high degree of complexity, including components/subsystem/system scope of responsibility, high risk, and significant NRE budget.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without Company sponsorship.
- No relocation offered; candidate must reside within 50 miles of Denver, CO.
- Master's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with new product/technology development projects
- Project Management Professional (PMP) license through Project Management Institute (PMI). Not essential but nice to have. Depends on years PM experience.
- Experience in managing government projects (DoE, DOD).
- Proven track record of achieving program execution results through robust quantitative program management techniques.
- Builds a high performance integrated team environment and maintains a well-informed and cohesive team across the various functional areas and /or geographical regions at all times.
- Uses interpersonal savvy and connectedness in communication and relationship building with all key stakeholders.
- Thinks, acts and solves problems with a customer focused mentality.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Consistently acts in an ethical, open, honest, trustworthy and truthful manner.
- Demonstrated technology leadership.
- Collaborative orientation. The ability to succeed in a highly team oriented environment.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented individual.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, drive for results, and managerial courage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in dealing with management, employees, customers and suppliers. -Senior management level communication and presentation skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time