Eaton’s Vehicle Division is currently seeking a Plant Controller. The Plant Controller will be based at our Kings Mountain, NC facility.
The primary function of this position is to provide overall leadership for Finance and Accounting functions within the Kings Mountain facility. Key responsibilities of the role include driving the Strategic Financial Planning at the operational level, coordinating and reviewing the accounting department’s daily routine of processing and reporting financial data, review of the plant financials and communicating them to the management team.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will serves as a member of the Kings Mountain Senior Leadership team, fulfilling management duties and providing input for strategy, direction & continuous improvement
- You will be responsible for the accuracy and execution of the financial forecast to meet or exceed shareholders’ expectations by engaging all other functions in the facility while developing and deploying strong financial processes and professional bench.
- You will consistently apply generally accepted accounting principles and company policy to financial activity at the plant; including ensuring accurate and timely completion of Profit Plan (budgets); Financial Forecasts; Month-end close; Year-end close; SOX and Eaton Financial Compliance activities; etc.
- You will participate in the facilitation of the following initiatives for the facility in general and for the Finance team specifically: Eaton Values and Philosophy, Leadership Attributes, Ethics, Diversity & Inclusion, APEX, OCA, EPWP, and E-STAR.
- You will contribute to the following environmental, health, and safety initiatives: MESH, ISO14001, NC Star Program, and other safety / environmental programs established for the facility for a safe work environment. Ensures that all members of the Finance team are trained in the applicable environmental, health and safety practices.
- You will participate in the following quality initiatives / programs: Eaton Quality System (EQS), IATF16949, and etc.
- You will collaborate in the development and execution of facility profit plan goals, the High 5 metrics and other balanced scorecards while also participating in the Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) and Eaton Business System (EBS).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a financial role in a manufacturing or industrial setting is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a manager of people is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Master’s degree in Business or related field preferred
- Experience with Oracle/Large ERP System
- Truck/automotive specific experience
- Large company/large site experience
- Requires specific technical knowledge in all areas of Accounting: financial, cost, industrial, etc.
- Knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems and appropriate controls including Budget Preparation, Profit Planning, and Capital Expenditure Management
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations: production control, purchasing, engineering and quality control
- Ability to teach, train and develop personnel in accounting department
- Develop sound lines of communication with all levels throughout the manufacturing facility and Interacts and guides other departments involving accounting procedures
- Monitor and verify all accounting related transactions
- Supply quick, concise and accurate information for decision making
- Respond to new data systems implemented
- Provide opportunity and motivation to a full staff of accounting personnel
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time