Senior Production Associate, Panelboard Assembly, Wiring - 2nd Shift
- Exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position. Ensure that all products and parts adequately meet Eaton’s quality guidelines as they move throughout the production process. Perform quality checks as instructed.
- Receive and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers so as to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner. Closely follow established procedures for completing assigned function and perform special assignments and/or projects as assigned.
- Comply with all safety and industrial hygiene requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals.
- Keep assigned work-area clean and organized per 5S standards.
- Work with members of a team to effectively complete work assignment. Receive information from team members regarding customer needs and product requirements and utilize this information to perform one’s function.
- Exhibit strong analytical and problem solving skills so as to resolve any obstacles or delays that may occur in the production process.
- Perform Lean Initiatives by recommending suggestions for improvement related to quality, work processes, and environmental safety and health.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance when required to ensure peak performance of all manufacturing equipment.
- Correctly select and install various components/devices in accordance to drawings, diagrams, blueprints, travel documents, DMM system, manufacturing information, Kanban cards, hand drawn layout request, oral / written instructions.
- Exhibit skill mastery of all stations within the production area, and effectively train other employees.
- Exhibit comprehension of wiring diagrams, schematics, and power flow to successfully complete jobs.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 1 year of manufacturing or operations experience.
- Minimum 2 years wiring experience or wiring certification.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate area of the Sumter facility (50 mile radius) will be considered for this position.
- Computer literate
- Comprehension of wiring diagrams, schematics, and power flow
- Working knowledge of Lean concepts.
- Some experience in Panelboard assembly operation, or assembly requiring drawings or diagrams.
- Ability to read and comprehend front views, one line diagrams, bills of material and pick sheets.
- Able to lift a minimum of 35lbs with reasonable accommodation. Ability to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting is inherent to this position.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No