Executive Assistant, ACoE
As a member of the Administrative Center of Excellence in EHQ Morges, actively promote collaboration, support the standardization of processes, optimize services, share best practices and drive for continuous improvement within ACOE in line with Eaton’s Business System principles and One Eaton Vision. Provide high level secretarial and administrative support for several of the organization’s executives, requiring discretion, confidentiality, a good understanding of technical and business vocabulary, and a detailed knowledge of the organization’s operations, procedures, and people.
- Manage the executives’ appointments and schedules.
- Make travel arrangements to make best use of the executives’ time.
- Gather, compile, verify, and analyze information for the executives to use in documents such as memos, letters, reports, speeches, presentations, and news releases.
- Facilitate smooth communications between the executives and other executives, managers, and employees; and between the executive and external parties such as media, customers, and the public. May have access to the executive's email accounts to schedule their appointments and answer or redirect routine enquiries from internal or external sources. Handle confidential information and maintain the security of the executive's records and files.
- Maintain the executives’ accounting records; monitor, review, and approve standard expenditures (e.g. purchase orders, invoices) to ensure that the activities of the office are conducted within established budgets.
- Perform other administrative tasks using independent judgment and discretion. Plan, organize, and schedule own workload so that these activities are completed accurately and on time. These activities may include preparing documents and presentation materials; screening and responding to incoming correspondence, inquiries, and phone calls; drafting letters and official information releases; arranging and attending meetings and events; taking and distributing minutes; coordinating projects; processing travel expenses; scheduling interviews.
- Act as a backup for other ACOE team members when required.
- Business Administration diploma, CFC d’employé de commerce or equivalent
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in a Multi-national Executive Assistant Role
- Exposure to the manufacturing and power management industry is a plus
- Excellent secretarial & administrative skills
- Fluent English and French. Any other European language is a plus
- Excellent command of Microsoft applications: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Good organizational skills; extremely detail-oriented and possess the ability to follow through on projects until completion
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills & effective communicator - both in terms of written and verbal communication
- Reliable and trustworthy, with ethical approach
- High degree of confidentiality, reliability, discretion, quality and professionalism
- Flexible and proactive in approach in order to perform a variety of important, sometimes urgent, confidential, and complex tasks with constantly changing priorities
- Multi-tasker who is resourceful and can prioritize work with a strong initiative
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, anticipate needs and exercise independent/sound judgment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Business Services
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No