Data Analyst (Hydraulics products)
You will work within Sales and Marketing Center (SMC). The SMC partners with multiple Eaton businesses across different geographies to deliver incremental value and drive growth by providing best in class solutions and practices through its five integral Centers of Excellence (CoE) - Sales Analytics & Market Research [SAMR], Creative CoE, Customer Services [CS], Master Data Management [MDM] and Pricing CoE. SMC provides diverse opportunities and platform to accelerate individual careers in a challenging environment through exposure to different global and regional sales and marketing initiatives. SMC fosters an inclusive environment by reinforcing behaviors that recognize, value and leverage talent capabilities which helps to drive innovation & contribute to Eaton’s business growth.
As a Data Analyst, you will be responsible for maintaining products in the Eaton Product Data Hub (PDH), with a focus on attaining a high degree of product data quality for both existing and future requests, and eliminating errors and duplicate records. You will be responsible for cleansing and maintaining product attributes across the Hydraulics group.
You will be part of the master data management team and will work very closely with other departments within the business to get a high level of product/business understanding. The position requires enriching the existing product data with specifications and collation in a centralized data hub. This will require a high level of familiarity and engagement with different source tools such as, product drawings, Enovia, Power Source, etc.…) to ensure product data enrichment.
You will also communicate with business stakeholders, technical teams, and potentially the enterprise architecture group.
Your main duties :
· Responsible for providing tactical assistance to product life cycle management in enterprise / business systems and services. Ensure accuracy, completeness and health requirements for Hydraulics product data globally.
· Responsible for collecting, organizing, creating, documenting, and entering detailed product attribute information. Cleanses, enriches and maintains products in the PDH.
· Works with PDH tools to build a centralized product database for Hydraulic product lines.
· Collaborates with technical team for system improvements and testing of integration mappings between different applications and PDH.
· Develops measures of product data quality, maintain metrics, and publish to stakeholders. Publish reports.
· Works with different source systems (product drawings, ERPs, etc….) to source product attributes and specifications. Good exposure to working on tools and applications like Enovia, CAD-2D/3D, Pro-E, PLM, ERP systems
· Work with source system owners and technical team to extract product data for consumption.
What we are looking for:
· Engineering degree (ideally Mechanical) with 1-3 Years of experience in Product data management or in engineering field.
· Experience in creating or maintaining process flows
· Knowledge of various IT systems and processes (product management, manufacturing, marketing and engineering)
· Good with data analytics and reporting
· Coordinate with different functional heads/personnel as per the need and able to take other tasks which would be assigned time to time.
· Good Excel skills
· Ability to present details of complex data quality or workflow issues for internal review
· Flexible attitude to work with the willingness to learn new skills when required.
· Knowledge of product data processing at an administrator level
· Good understanding of CAD-2D/3D, Pro-E, PLM
· Experience in Enovia, ERP Systems, Oracle and Microsoft business suite, Document Management, PowerSource
· Macro knowledge
What we offer:
· Permanent contract in fast growing global company
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
· Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening and ability testing.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No