Senior Engineer Electronics
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
You will work within our world Electronic Design Team at our Titchfield Site and will engage with senior management within Engineering, Motor Design and Electronics
Eaton Titchfield Are currently recruiting for a:
Senior Engineer Electronic Design
Your key deliverables :
Execution of highly technical projects spanning from concept development to detailed design engineering.
These projects require the use of simulation tools, design for reliability and Design For Six Sigma (DFSS) methodologies as appropriate for civil & military aerospace applications.
This position acts as a point of contact for both the technical lead and the program management team and works within a small to medium sized technical team of power electronics, digital and analog electronics and control engineering specialists reporting to the Engineering Manager – Electronics,
SwEC Centre of Excellence - EMEA, supporting the larger engineering department in this specialist discipline.
· Project Engineering in the design, development and verification of aerospace electronics solutions as required.
· Knowledge and experience of modelling and simulation tools including PSpice, LTSpice, SIMetrix or SABER.
· Work alongside the analog, power electronics, controls and electromagnetics engineers and associated product teams to develop motor control solutions for various motors including but not limited to Brushless DC, AC and brushed DC.
· Extensive use of various laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, voltmeters, signal generators and analysers.
· Responsibilities extend to analysis of bills of materials, various data sources such as production and customer support information.
· Good report writing skills and communication of project status with peers.
· Support Engineering Manager and Program Managers with technical input for internal and customer Design Reviews as required.
· Work to aerospace standards such as ARP4754A, DO160, DO254, DO178 and other required standards as applicable.
Excellent within organizational & communication skills of particular importance, as the role will involve working across the business, with various engineering groups including mechanical, electrical and electronics, and with supply chain, manufacturing engineering and production.
The role includes close coordination with the digital electronics team working with model based design for FPGA and MCU implementation.
Therefore a good understanding of digital electronics is a key element.
As well as New Product Introduction responsibilities, an aspect of the role will include responsibility for existing fuel system product sustainment, including pump and actuator electronics, including VAVE and obsolescence management activities.
· Engineering degree or equivalent experience, with strong analytical skills
· Knowledge and use of PSpice, LTSpice, SIMetrix or SABER simulation and modelling tools or equivalent
· Knowledge of fundamentals of electronic circuits
· Knowledge of specifying electronic device parameters and assessment for stress and derating
· Knowledge and deployment of production design optimization and product integration
· Communications skills – both verbal and written with ability to generate and communicate clear status reports
· Strong task management skills with good prioritization and time management
· Configuration and lifecycle management of designs, from concept through to withdrawal
· On time delivery of assigned tasks
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
· Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
· Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
· Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
(Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No