Product Design Engineer
- You will provide engineering support to various Canadian product groups including the main plant and satellite locations;
- You will enhance and support engineering processes across Canada;
- You will prepare, monitor, maintain and ensure adherence to project timelines, budgets and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in designing electrical products or assemblies
- Experience using 3D CAD software
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 80 kilometer radius of the Burlington, ON facility will be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- P.Eng designation
- Experience and working knowledge of Project Management methodology
- Experience using Inventor, SolidWorks, ProE
- Experience with power distribution assemblies
- Knowledge of testing requirements (short circuit, thermal, seismic) and standards for certification purposes (pertaining to CSA, UL and/or FM)
- Knowledge of BOM structures, Enovia and Oracle (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication and analytical skills to effectively think through a problem systematically and move projects forward
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Use of Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD programs to produce 3D concepts, models, drawings, designs and documentation for distribution and control products (primarily Switchboards and Magnum Automatic Transfer Switches) based on the relevant product standards
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time