- Proactively implement, promote and maintain a Zero Incident Safety Culture through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and rule enforcement and distilling a “stop and fix” culture executing safety Kaizen promptly.
- Support EBS deployment leveraging ELSS policies and tools (e.g. Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Standardized work, A3) to identify and eliminate waste and reduce costs to support to business and plant’s key strategic objectives.
- Lead and facilitate lean deployment through CI breakthrough performance projects, rapid improvement events and Kaizen activities in (key) manufacturing and transactional processes; including the development of business case, baseline metrics, project execution plan and monitoring.
- Drive employee engagement. Drive, build and sustain a culture of Continuous improvement. Develop awareness and expertise of lean concepts and tools, and Eaton’s Continuous Improvement Framework at all levels of the organization.
- Promote the company’s mission and vision by actively supporting Eaton’s code of ethics and values. Motivate, train and coach employees to maintain high levels of satisfaction, productivity and quality.
- Develop ELSS competencies of the organization through an established training and mentoring plan to key contributors.
- Conduct ELSS self-assessments and partner with plant and division leadership teams to identify performance gaps and prioritize improvement activities and countermeasures.
- Support New Product Development projects as needed to ensure robust lean principles are incorporated in new manufacturing processes.
- Facilitate EBS Pull process and OpA related activities.
- Report e.g. project status, opportunities and roadblocks to plant and divisional leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Industrial Technology or other approved field. Masters degree preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in lean deployment in manufacturing and administrative areas
- Extensive knowledge of lean six sigma principles. Track record of driving lean and foster CI through sustainable processes.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes in high variety and low volume business
- Demonstrate ability to lead cross-functional teams and to communicate at all levels
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and communication skills. English language (speaking, reading and writing)
- Outstanding analytical skills and critical mindset
- Lean Six Sigma certification preferred
- Knowledge of behavioral science, including the ability to motivate, counsel and constructively deal with people at all levels.
- Must have a “can do” behavior and see Kaizen as a way of life.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ESSD Electrical Solutions and Services Div EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No