This position has three key deliverables:
1. Lead the SCM SSC Logistics by enhancing value add in global logistics . This position would be involved in enhancement of productivity and efficiencies of Logistics globally. Supporting cost optimization and process improvements projects, preparing and publishing different logistics reports to facilitate right decisions, driving synergies and benchmarking inputs to the global logistics council. implement new initiatives and Lead Strategic Projects.
2. Managing the Distribution channel for EMEA region, optimizing transport, managing warehouse operations and reducing overall costs.
3. Leading India logistics with full ownership of all deliverables, owning supplier management, leveraging spend, optimizing cost, aligning with global strategies and policies across all five Eaton plants in India. This role will be expected to guide all the five plant logistics teams and drive synergies across them for maximizing the logistics value-add to various businesses.
1. Essential Functions:
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) that must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
· Support global logistics projects with detailed analysis and benchmarking inputs.
· Drive cost out and channel optimization deliverables through central coordination and analytics.
· Align with Global Logistics function and support standardization of processes and leveraging of spend.
· Working with all Eaton plants and warehouses in India for identifying cost optimization opportunities and leveraging each other for value maximization and centralized supplier management.
· Data management for Spend and freight against PP nos. (Whitebook )for Global Logistics, monitoring key metrics and reporting the movements with assignable causes.
· Coordinates portfolio of projects within the Logistics Operations Team and provides functional leadership to India projects, monitoring actions until completion.
· Managing and implementing specific programs or projects that impact Logistics Ops, or are deemed vital to drive improved productivity, service improvement and / or general process improvement
· Provide governance for projects that will be led in the Logistics Ops function, or associated with the deployment / execution of a new process /system.
· Accountable and responsible for the timely, on budget delivery of projects managed
· Guides team associated with the project, including goal setting and planning of performance / gate reviews.
· Review projects for adoption of standard processes and best practices.
· Ensures process governance, appropriate use of PRO Launch disciplines and general project management methodology.
· Throughout the profit plan cycle the position leads the creation and maintenance of project pipeline, CODB and reporting of the logistic team.
· Captures and defines processes and procedures, including creation the development of process maps, flowcharts and playbooks.
· Reporting and review of balance score card and ongoing logistics activities with main stakeholders.
· Bachelors with about 13-15 Yrs. exp.in materials and Logistics domain, At least 3 years leading Logistics function.
Basic Knowledge (Foundation):
· Experience in SCM data analysis / reporting (Inventory, Sales, Receipts, Invoicing, Logistics, Fuel Surcharge, Supplier performance, compliance etc.)
· Good Collaborative style, managing various stakeholders at different levels.
· Good exposure in supplier management.
· Exposure in global working, managing projects across continents.
· Good understanding of logistics factors for different regions, especially for NA and EMEA.
· Good business acumen
Medium Knowledge (Intermediate):
· Able to link the reports to the relevant business process
· Able to anticipate logistics issues and proactively work for their resolution.
· Working Knowledge of Access
Advance Knowledge (Expert):
· Have a good understanding of logistics cost factors and Global supplier base.
· Good business acumen, understanding the key requirements and priorities.
· Able to gather data from multiple systems and assimilate bigger data set
· Understand linkages of data across different data set/reports
· Break down of Data sets into meaningful interpretations
· Knowledge of various systems hosting different kind of data
· Advance Data Management using Excel (Formulas, Filtering, Charts, Pivot, Vlookup, Data Validation, Conditional Formatting, Macro recording, Text/Logical / nested Functions etc.)
· Reporting & Analysis (MIS / Sales/ SCM/Financial)
· Advance Presentation skill (Power Point)
· Must knowledge about SCM Processes
· Spend analysisKnowledge on Cost out savings and utilities.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only