Sr. Commodity Buyer
A. Participates in development of commodity strategy for assigned commodities. This includes participation in supplier classifications based upon standard rating process, development of five year strategic road maps to successfully execute the strategy (including capital required, cost out, inflation, currency and risk).
B. Evaluates social, economic, and governmental information to determine the risks and opportunities regarding global sourcing (i.e., tariffs, dumping duties, exchange rates, etc.).
C. Decides/participates in supplier selection for material/component requirements. Work with all other Departments to assure Eaton’s customer approval on a timely basis.
D. Completes negotiations with suppliers regarding price, terms, quality, tooling, etc. Develop and negotiate supply agreements when needed. Negotiate consignment and/or Kanban set up with supply base to assist with inventory days on hand.
E. Participates in the activities (i.e., PPAP, supplier approval process, specification/print development when necessary, trials, etc.) during supplier start-up. Coordinate cost estimating and design parameters for new projects and products.
F. Coordinates the exchange of technical information regarding product and product processing with adequate safeguards for confidentiality.
G. Negotiates resolution (as required) of Eaton claims (i.e., cost, time, rework, scrap, and labor, sorting charges) with suppliers regarding non-conforming material.
H. Participates in teams working towards continuous process improvements, elimination of waste, simultaneous engineering, and advanced product quality planning.
I. Supports the corporate sponsored IDEAS program and its associated activities and tools.
J. Develops productive relationships with others in Supply Chain Management, in particular Eaton Category Management, mentoring, teaching and training.
K. Complies with Eaton standardize SCM process and policies both locally and at the corporate level.
L. Locates and develops new suppliers to improve the capability of Eaton’s supply base.
M. Participate on Tier 2 A and B daily meetings
Eaton leadership model
• Thinks and Acts strategically.
• Gets results.
• Builds Organizational Capability.
• Leadership attributes (passionate, accountable, ethical, learn, transparent, efficient)
• To be the preferred supplier to customers and channel partners
• To make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees
• To make our communities stronger
• To ensure the safety, health and wellness of our employees
• To be a model of inclusion and diversity in our industry
• To be active stewards of the environment
• Promotes “Zero Culture” in the work area.
• Participate in all 100% of the legal and corporate EHS trainings.
• Reporting unsafe conditions and behaviors, such as “Near misses”, “Gembas”, and “Couching programs”.
Continuous Improvement (CI) Commitment
• Establishes and prioritizes CI objectives, define metrics and stretch goals, define and prioritize actions, and manage resources.
• Selects and assesses direct reports competencies and establishes development plans to achieve and maintain required levels.
• Leads plan execution and coaching.
• Reviews and tracks improvement plans and manages change.
• Assesses processes under his/her responsibility using EBS tools, identifies improvement opportunities and acts.
• Promotes recognition culture.
• Promotes sharing of best and transferable practices.
Makes Decisions/ Solves Problems. Identifies and raises issues and problems in a constructive manner. Uses sound analytical thinking to develop innovative solutions/recommendations that address problems/issues and achieve desired results. Makes effective decisions, even when dealing with limited or ambiguous information.
Drives for results. Commits to making a difference and adding personal value by continuously raising personal standards and striving for superior performance. Strives to go beyond what is expected. Assumes personal accountability for delivering on or exceeding expectations.
Promotes & Champions Change. Understands that change is required if Eaton is to remain successful and competitive. Challenges the status quo and champions new and innovative ideas. Is flexible, adaptable and demonstrate a willingness to change.
Pursues Personal Development. Learns from past experiences and applies learning’s to current situation to improve performance. Keeps up-to date on knowledge and skills specific to job/field by proactively creating and following through on development plans.
Demonstrate a collaborative style. Builds collaborative relationships with people within or outside own function. Works effectively in a diverse environment; respecting different ideas, perspectives, and values of others on teams, as well as within own department and in general day-to day interactions. Expresses ideas and exchanges information clearly and persuasively, and demonstrates a strong professional image.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time