Customer Support Training and Development Specialist
Eaton’s B-Line division headquartered in Highland, IL has an opening for a Customer Support Training and Development Specialist
We are looking for a Customer Support Training and Development Specialist to educate our customer service and pricing teams by conducting seminars and interactive courses. The training & development Specialist will be focused to lead the effort for the successful onboarding, development and preparation of customer support employees to effectively become members of the team. The individual will also assist in the delivery and management of instructor lead learning programs.
The Training and Development Specialist’s responsibilities include developing educational materials and processes, facilitating on-the-job coaching, and organizing training sessions for new hires. The incumbent will also develop and conduct ongoing training sessions for exiting employees regarding new or revised processes, systems and products. If you’re familiar with teaching soft skills like negotiation and problem-solving, we’d like to meet you.
The incumbent will support the Highland customer support team and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the departments training program. The incumbent has responsibility to train new and current employees on systems, products and processes. Success will be measured by quality and onboarding time of new employees.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be responsible for developing and improving current onboarding processes. Processes should be specifically an designed for each work group. This will be done by combining what is required from a general onboarding perspective along with specific team requirements.
- You will develop training program specific for each group in the customer support team. Once the program has been developed the person will maintain training schedules and proactively engage the teams in developing consistent skill and talent development .
- You will work with the Customer Service Manager to manage and ensure adoption and implementation of onboarding and training programs
- You will coordinate and host initial meetings with individuals new to a position within the team
- You will identify and implement alternative learning methods and formats
- You will administer and facilitate instructor led and web courses for employees
- You will compile data and reports to track program costs and seek cost saving and productivity improvement opportunities. Clearly communicate the value of successful onboarding through analytical data
- You will confer with management, supervisors and employees to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies.
- You will formulate teaching outlines and determine instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings and workshops.
- You will select or develop teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, develop digital and print educational material.
- You will conduct training sessions covering specified areas such as on-the-job training, use of computers and software, interpersonal skills, quality & process issues, and product knowledge.
- You will organize classroom-style seminars about product features and sales techniques
- You will test trainees to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a customer service or training role
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of our Highland, IL facility will be considered
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (particularly Outlook, Word, & Excel)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to effectively interact with both internal and external customers via phone, e-mail, and other written and verbal communication mediums
- Good mechanical aptitude to understand product applications at end user level
- Knowledge of SAP transactions
- Prior knowledge of B-Line products
- Additional certification in training is a plus
- Work experience as a Customer Service Trainer or similar role
- Knowledge of Learning Management Software (LMS)
- Familiarity with interactive learning activities
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time