Customer Service Account Manager
Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Customer Service Account Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, MI facility.
The Customer Service Account Manager is responsible for managing business interactions and relationships between Customers, Operations Teams, and other key functions within the organization to ensure complete customer satisfaction. Coordinates with other Fluid and Electrical Distribution (FED) locations supported by the Customer Service team ensuring “one voice to the customer.” In this role, you will provide support relative to specific tasks regarding program execution for development, low rate, and full rate production programs in order to facilitate a smooth transition.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage all aspects of the customer relationship and daily interactions. Implement, lead, or support customer action calls, customer visits, complaint resolution, etc.
- You will manage Customer Service responsible activities for PRO Launch projects and participate in Integrated Program Team meetings to ensure a smooth transition from new program development to full rate production.
- You will develop an internal support plan to meet all customer performance expectations and requirements. Manage all performance measurements to optimize the customer’s perceptions. Includes customer scorecard review, resolving variances, and distribution of customer metrics throughout the organization. Pursue customer supplier awards and coordinate internally.
- You will conduct necessary analysis to understand market and customer trends. Provide input for presentations to create support, understanding, and awareness to the overall FED Division organization.
- You will understand all executed contract terms for assigned customers through collaboration with Contracts, Pricing, Sales, and Accounts Receivable to ensure full compliance. Monitor existing contracts for compliance relative to delivery requirements, identify and communicate shifts in demand impacting Eaton’s profit plan. Develop and maintain Customer specific manuals, as well as, key contractual elements. Identify and track issues to be changed during the next negotiation.
- You will support and participate in annual Customer Relationship Review process utilizing applicable tools to capture customer concerns and follow up for resolution.
- You will support Order Management to ensure accurate and timely order processing, quote submittal, and return material processing. Maintain knowledge and train others to navigate and manage customer websites and web based portals to assure the most efficient processes are deployed to maximize customer satisfaction.
- You will negotiate and manage changes in customer demand to ensure accurate flow down in support of on time delivery and sales, inventory, and operations planning (SIOP) initiatives.
- You will support Accounts Receivable team as related to contested invoices and days sales outstanding (DSO) metric.
- You will support high visibility customer engagement teams, Program Management reviews, rate readiness reviews etc., as applicable.
- You will proactively offer insight and input into customer referrals utilizing the referral to distribution process and guidelines.
- You will support upside opportunities through managing case by case scenarios for fee application through communication, enforcement, and identifying billing opportunities.
- You will lead, or participate in, Customer Service key strategic initiatives.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High school diploma from accredited institution
Minimum of 3 years work experience in Customer Service or Sales
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Jackson, MI facility will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- BA or BS from an accredited institution
- Understands the culture of the company as it relates to Continuous Improvement, Problem Solving, and the BOS Process
- Strong Aerospace industry and program knowledge
- Basic market analysis tools and techniques
- Computer literate with competency in Microsoft Office programs and web maintenance systems
- Sound teaming skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Judgment, logic, resourcefulness and creativity
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time