Senior Manager, Logistics
Eaton’s Lighting division is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Logistics to join our team. This position is based at our Peachtree City, GA facility.
In this role, you will direct, plan and coordinate all activities related to Eaton Lighting Division’s global logistics including the flow of materials inbound and outbound in the 14 DCs, 7 manufacturing facilities, 3 third party logistics brokers, 3 contract manufacturers, and a tool & die shop. Develop, execute and oversee logistics and transportation distribution strategy to support divisional and corporate strategies and ensure alignment with all functional departments and stake holders including quality, customer service, IT, sourcing, manufacturing and distribution as well as executive leadership. Manage and develop a diverse team of transportation specialist and provide functional leadership to shipping and logistics leads across the organization.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will direct and manage all transportation related actions, carriers and systems at manufacturing sites and distribution centers inside the Lighting network to achieve all cost and service targets/goals.
· You will direct International transportation Inbound from Foreign suppliers- overseeing proper execution at origin on all ocean including consolidations and full containers as well as air freight to plants and DCs.
· You will be responsible for freight bill audit and payment processes and execution as well the freight claims process and execution.
· You will be responsible for driving network carrier compliance to routing guides, TMS and SAP.
· You will be responsible for air and expedited freight services ensuring on time delivery for expedited raw materials as well as customer delivery.
· You will be responsible for TMS and management of integration between Oracle Transportation Management and SAP.
· You will mentor and developing logistics team to ensure talent development and succession planning
· You will lead continuous improvement actions/strategies at plants, DCs and inbound from suppliers and drive Year over Year productivity- typical rate of 5% improvement in logistics and distribution costs.
· You will develop and leverage internal and external partnerships to maximize and satisfy service requirements for the business.
· You will ensure capacity needs are met for all customers’ deliveries, replenishment and inbound materials and transit performance meets or exceed standards and support growth objectives for the business, ensuring there are no logistics related disruptions to the supply chain including delivery to the customer.
· You will manage service providers, asset based carriers, freight brokers and intermodal service providers and ensure business requirements are met while engaging in RFPs for all modes of transportation- balancing service and cost for optimal performance.
· You will work with other Eaton businesses and Corporate logistics as required facilitating transportation- related synergies and benefits.
· You will furnish logistics financials including monthly reporting- adherence to plan and explanation of variances, profit planning, standards.
· You will provide all logistics functions for any Contract Manufacturers.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum five years of logistics experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a manger of people
- Ability to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates must live within 50 miles of Peachtree City, GA.
- 4-year degree in Supply Chain Management or related field from an accredited institution
- MBA or Master's degree in Supply Chain Management or related field from an accredited institution
- 7 years of logistics experience
- 5 years of experience as a manager of people
- Demonstrated Leadership Skills in line with the Eaton Leadership Model
- Interpersonal Skills and demonstrated Professional Presence
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications including Excel, Access, TMS
- Extensive knowledge of carrier (ocean, air, tl, ltl and parcel) services and pricing structure
- Strong ability to multi-task and react quickly to internal and external customers
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time