Machine Operator 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Vehicle division is currently seeking a Machine Operator on 2nd shift to join our team. This position is based at our Belmond, IA facility.
The Machine Operator will setup, operate, and maintain production machinery to perform close tolerance operations of any of following: shearing, friction welding, heat-treating, grinding, turning, drilling, or plating.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will read job instructions and/or blue prints to produce required finishes on valves.
- You will operate production equipment according to guidelines and in a safe manner. Practice good housekeeping.
- You will perform set-ups and minor maintenance of equipment. Troubleshoots equipment when required.
- You will support and monitor oil and coolant levels of machines.
- You will move product from previous operation to next operation.
- You will adjust machines, tooling, and wheels to keep product within specified tolerances per job instructions.
- You will complete production documentation (first piece approvals, routing tags, scrap tickets, etc.) accurately and neatly.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Background in machining and setting up metal working machines
- Knowledge of liquid penetrate testing
- Proven ability to run a machine with multiple settings or specifications
- 3 years of experience in CNC operation, grinding and turning operation, or centerless grinding
- Experience working in the heavy industrial automotive industry or other similar environments
- Experience with quality checks using precision instruments such as gauges, calipers, micrometers, etc.
- Experience with reading blueprints and following job instructions
- Understanding of how to use precision gauging instruments
- Ability to proactively work with other team members
- This position requires standing and/or walking for an entire eight – twelve hour shift
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico