Production Associate, Panelboard Assembly, PRL4 - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Production Associate – Switchboard Assembly, PRL4- 1st shift to join our team. This position is based at our Sumter, SC
This position is on 1st Shift (Monday-Friday), with occasional overtime and weekend work per business needs.
The Production Associate will correctly select and install, in accordance to drawings/diagrams/blueprints, various components/devices with the overall goal of timely order fulfillment and adherence to Eaton’s quality standards. The position will physically support special customer projects at the remote Sumter Mission Critical Solution Center (SMCSC).
- You will exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position. Ensure quality criteria are met by review of documents, consciences assembly and proper employment of the switchboard quality verification checklist.
- You will receive and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers so as to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner. Perform assigned function from oral / written instructions, drawings, travel documents, DMM system, manufacturing information, hand drawn layout request. Closely follow established procedures for completing assigned function.
- You will support and comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals. Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
- You will ensure all safety and industrial hygiene requirements are maintained.
- You will work from manufacturing information such as Kanban cards, MI’s, requisitions and oral or written instructions. Use of tape measures required.
- You will work with members of a team to effectively complete work assignment. Receive information from team members regarding customer needs and product requirements and utilize this information to perform one’s function.
- You will perform routine preventative maintenance when required to ensure peak performance of all manufacturing equipment.
High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 35lbs with reasonable accommodation. Incumbent must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting is inherent to this position.
No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate area of the Sumter facility (50 mile radius) will be considered for this position.
Working knowledge of Lean concepts.
Some experience in assembly operation, or assembly requiring drawings or diagrams.
Ability to read and comprehend front views, one line diagrams, bills of material and pick sheets.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No