Senior UX Design Engineer
- You will translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- You will facilitate product visions by researching, conceiving, wire-framing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- You will design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces including large information dashboards to mobile clients.
- You will identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- You will make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- You will take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- You will collaborate with other team members and stakeholders and optimize for customer needs, business constraints, and technological realities
- You will conduct detailed UI/UX design reviews, document issues, and coordinate issue resolution
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a User Experience Designer/Engineer, Interaction Designer, Information Architect, or UI Developer.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
- Relocation is not offered for this position. Candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Moon Township, PA facility.
- Masters in Human-Computer Interaction or related field from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years’ experience creating designs for a wide variety of interfaces, from large dashboard displays to mobile devices
- Minimum 1 years’ experience and knowledge of MVC frameworks, web component libraries, HTML, CSS3, JS
- Minimum 5 years’ experience and knowledge of visual design, web design and wireframing tools, user research methods, digital prototyping tools
- Experience with Agile development processes
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- A portfolio demonstrating compelling information architecture, user experience, and progression from research through production
- Demonstrated ability in creating highest quality user experiences
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with web and mobile technologies and their impacts on the feasibility of design solutions
- The ability to grasp complex and sometimes diverse customer needs and distill them into clean, understandable solutions.
- Understanding of HTML and CSS3 and expedience in developing UI
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time