Senior Big Data Engineer
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Eaton is proud to announce the launch for our new cutting edge Research and Development Center based in our global headquarters in the heart of Dublin. In the age of Big Data and the Internet of Things, our Center for Intelligent Power focuses on technical capabilities to help develop next-generation power management products and services
Find out more about our Dublin offices please visit our website at http://www.eaton.com/ie/en-gb/company/careers/life-at-eaton/dublin.html.
As a Senior Big Data Engineer, you will be involved in the architecture, design, and management of large-scale, highly-distributed, multi-tenant data stores. In addition to building and maintaining these data stores, you will to ensure that data is easily accessible and available to data scientists and business users across the enterprise when and where it is needed.
Your key deliverables:
- Contribute to the architecture, design, and management of secure, large-scale, highly-distributed, geo-redundant, multi-tenant data stores
- Support schema creation for optimized storage with retrieval flexibility
- Recommend, set up, integrate and utilize Big Data tools, frameworks and performance monitoring solutions
- Evaluate business requirements
- Author high-quality, highly-performance, unit-tested code
- Develop and execute agile work plans for iterative and incremental project delivery
- Explore/recommend tools and processes
- Integrate multiple sources of data through efficient ETL and other workflows
- Collaborate across multiple functions
Do you have?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering
- 2-3 years’ experience developing technology solutions; track record of shipping high quality products
- Knowledge of preparing big data infrastructures
- Proficiency in Java and/or Python
- Problem solving and software debugging skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience preparing big data infrastructures, integrating data from disparate systems, and managing these systems
- Understanding of relational and non-relational database systems
- Experience with in-memory, file-based and other data stores
- Experience building APIs
- Experience with Hive (or similar) and Agile methodologies
- Knowledgeable in leveraging multiple data transit protocols and technologies
- Knowledge of Hadoop and MapReduce/Spark or similar;cloud platforms,MongoDB,Document DB,CosmosDB,Scala
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Excellent working environment
- Learning & Development
- Inclusion & Diversity
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No