Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Eaton is proud to announce the launch for our new cutting edge Research and Development Center based in our global headquarters in the heart of Dublin. In the age of Big Data and the Internet of Things, our Center for Intelligent Power focuses on technical capabilities to help develop next-generation power management products and services
Find out more about our Dublin offices please visit our website at http://www.eaton.com/ie/en-gb/company/careers/life-at-eaton/dublin.html.
As a Graduate Data Scientist you will be directly involved in the application of machine learning, statistics, and analytic approaches to answer challenging business questions. This work will help businesses across the enterprise solve critical business problems, uncover new business opportunities, and turn their large volumes of data into valuable, actionable insights. You will be part of a global world class innovation team and will interact with many different business units in EMEA.
Your key deliverables:
- Derive, interpret and effectively deliver the results of data analysis
- Understand traditional and new data analysis methods
- Utilize a broad range of techniques in machine learning, data mining, statistics, and big data interrogation methods
- Work directly with business stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality solutions that solve end-user problems
- Evaluate business requirements to determine potential solutions
- Assist other engineering teams with their data science initiatives
Do you have?
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, statistics, applied mathematics, engineering or physics
- Familiarity with Python, R, and/or other programming languages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to quickly learn new domains
- Legally authorized to work in Ireland without company sponsorship
- Familiarity with machine learning libraries and frameworks such as (PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.)
- Practical applications or machine learning or statistics to diagnostics, prognostics, pattern detection, data mining, etc.
- Experience with visualization techniques
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No