AU Senior Representative.SLS-SB07
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Senior Sales Engineer in Eaton’s Industrial business, based in Melbourne, Australia.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of a fast paced, and sales orientated team in a large multi-national company.
The role which offers a broad variety of responsibilities including international liaising and great learning opportunities.
- Assist the Sales Manager with the development of appropriate strategies to maximize growth and product sales across the existing and new customer base
- Source new business and aggressively build the order pipeline
- Assist in the preparation of tenders
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to key customers ensuring all sales opportunities are followed through in an efficient and timely manner
- Offer technical and product support to internal resources when required
- Achieve budgets and other KPI’s
- Form strong partnerships with internal departments to maximize sales growth and captialise on all potential business opportunities
- Position requires intrastate travel of approximately 70%; interstate/international 10%
- Have a strong hydraulics and fluid power applications background
- Are fully competent in the identification and application of hydraulic & fluid power products and applications,
- Have been exposed to the diverse selling requirements to distributors, OEM’s and mining operations requiring hydraulic applications and solutions
- Have a proven track record in the development of innovative sales solutions that achieve win-win solutions
- Demonstrate a proven track record in the production of sales growth and new business development
- Demonstrate a strong ability to partner well with other internal departments and resources
- Have the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Have competency in MS Office Suite particularly Excel, Powerpoint & Outlook
- Have technical Degree preferred (Engineering) however other TAFE or Trade based qualifications may be acceptable when coupled with significant hands on experience
- Have 5 to 10 years broad experience affording a knowledge of selling techniques and implementing successful sales strategy maximizing growth and new customer opportunities.
- Have direct experience handling Hydraulic & Fluid Power products and solutions.
- Have appropriate financial acumen to enable pricing and margin impact analysis
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time