Area Sales Manager - Minnesota or Wisconsin
Eaton’s Hydraulics Group is currently seeking an Area Sales Manager to join our team. This position will be located in either Eden Prairie/Minneapolis, MN, Milwaukee, WI, or Madison, WI. Relocation will be offered if more you are located more than 50 miles outside of those locations.
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing all sales efforts at assigned distributor locations to achieve maximum Power Motion and Controls & Fluid Conveyance product sales penetration, while maintaining a professional relationship with each distributor and customer. In this role, you will be an individual contributor supporting a specific customer base.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will identify customer applications, products, programs, etc. that present an opportunity for PMC and Fluid Conveyance product sales. Propose solutions to these customer needs, coordinate division resources and customer decision centers to achieve customer and division goals and objectives.
- You will communicate effectively with distributors and customers on new or revised PMC and FC division marketing policies and procedures as well as periodic review of open orders, forecasts, inventory levels and other goals and performance metrics.
- You will coordinate and implement, on a shared responsibility basis with Customer Service departments, special warranty agreements/procedures at assigned customers.
- You will recommend (to PMC and FC division marketing and pricing department) price proposals/changes, product changes, delivery changes and other miscellaneous programs as needed to meet market/customer needs.
- You will plan, conduct or coordinate technical sales training sessions on standard and new PMC and FC products and their applications for distributors and customers.
- You will coordinate special marketing or growth program sales efforts as requested. Develop and coordinate focused sales plans to maximize sales penetration.
- You will gather, identify and report customer and market information on new or prospective products.
- You will accumulate and evaluate data on competitor's products, market penetration, and channel coverage and prepares reports for sales and marketing review.
- Maintains and updates product forecast utilizing distributor and customer input and personal judgment.
- Prepares and submits routine call reports, monthly reports, action plan updates, operating plan updates, GAP Analysis, TOP, and other sales oriented documents to the Regional Sales Manager upon request.
- You will maintain office and files for accurate customer performance analysis, follow up and good record keeping.
- You will manage primary effort at distributors to increase Eaton PMC and FC product market share.
- You will assess and recommend changes as appropriate in customer assignments and/or distribution coverage.
- You will operate within assigned annual territory expense budget.
- You will maintain effective communication across all Eaton sales channels through a sound understanding of the full Eaton distribution channel strategy. Thorough understanding of CCR.
- Where appropriate and requested, you will participate in marketing trade shows and events.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years of hydraulics sales or technical experience; or graduate of the Eaton Hydraulics Sales Development Program.
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering Degree from an accredited institution
- CFPS/CFPE certification
- Basic technical education and experience in fluid conveyance, power, motion and controls products is required to apply products in a variety of customer requirements in a wide variety of industries such as machine tool, mining, agriculture, construction, industrial process, alternative energy, material handling, marine and forestry.
- Technical knowledge of mechanical and electrical fundamentals is required.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the markets and customers is required.
- Broad range of computer skills associated the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Requires the ability to plan and conduct meetings and technical product sessions with distributors, customer sales and service personnel, or customer engineering groups as required.
- Ability to effectively network with internal customers to gain support for customer opportunities.
- Diverse market and application knowledge to successfully develop value propositions for customers.
- Broad range of computer skills associated with Siebel CRM (C360) and the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Market knowledge to assess and analyze current market position and growth opportunities.
- Extensive travel and time away from home and office require continual and effective communications with internal management and customer personnel to maintain sales and to accomplish all specific functions of this position to meet sales goals and initiatives.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time