Eaton’s Hydraulics Group is currently seeking an Account Coordinator to join our team. This position is based at our Eden Prairie, MN facility.
The Account Coordinator
is responsible for providing Eaton customers, distributors, end users,
potential customers and Field Sales with product, delivery, pricing,
claims/returns and program information. In this role, you will manage customer orders, including order entry
and order changes. You will expedite orders and shipments with operations. You are
responsible for maintaining accurate customer information, validating price,
verifying order terms and conditions, confirming routing rules and entering
shipment, quantity and date information. The Account Coordinator is responsible
for strategic, large or complex accounts. Emphasis is on world class customer
service that is a competitive weapon and contributes to the growth of the
This position routinely interacts with internal and external customers, some of whom may be dissatisfied. The incumbent works in a fast-paced and changing environment. The incumbent is required to manage orders in an environment with multiple business systems. The incumbent is empowered to make decisions within defined limits. The position operates in a global business environment, dealing with diverse viewpoints and cultures. The incumbent manages high visibility accounts that are strategic to the organization, large in size or complex in nature. The incumbent may be called upon to share knowledge or to make occasional field visits. The focus is on error-free order management, same-day order entry and process-driven continuous improvement.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage strategic, large or complex customer accounts. Partners with customer contacts and Field Sales to provide exceptional service. Acts as a liaison between the customer and Operations.
- You will work with Team Leader to mentor and train less experienced members of the team. May provide input to training programs.
- You will apply extensive knowledge of business processes and systems to excel at the following: expedite orders to prevent customer line downs or machine downtime; process emergency and/or expedited orders and shipments in a timely manner; provide customers and/or distributors with product information; and prepare price quotations.
- You will authorize RMA (Returned Material Authorization) requests and issues RMA numbers. Investigates claims by conducting fact-based investigation and working with operations personnel.
- You will accept and process written and verbal orders, following established business rules. Generates MPS (Marketing Product Specification) requests as required.
- You will enter new orders from customers through multiple order entry systems, with emphasis on error-free order management and same-day order entry. Enters changes and cancellations from customers through multiple order entry systems, using established business rules. Emphasis is on error-free order management and same-day order entry.
- You will process blanket orders from OEM’s (Original Equipment Manufacturers) and distributor accounts and validates the blanket releases against the customer order board. Validate orders in the system against customer order reports on a weekly basis.
- You will maintain accurate and organized order files, order acknowledgments and customer contact information (including ship-to addresses).
- You will proactively communicate in a timely manner with external customers about order verification, order status, pricing and shipment status. Communicates in a timely manner with operations to verify lead times, schedule customer orders according to their delivery needs and communicate special handling requests.
- You will report sales trends and customer order activity to Sales, Marketing and other management on a weekly or monthly basis. Assists with market and product forecasting as required.
- You will promote customer satisfaction and achieves cycle time reduction through team-based problem solving. Regularly participates in cross-functional teams to solve recurring customer issues.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution required
- Minimum one year work experience in a customer facing role
- Ability to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must reside within 50 miles of Eden Prairie, MN.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Order management (including but not limited to Oracle, Tolas, and MFG/PRO) software programs
Position Success Criteria:
- Understanding of Sales and Marketing strategies, as well as business unit goals
- Data entry skills, including proofreading, MS Word and Excel
- Team-oriented problem solving skills and corrective action methodology
- Negotiation and conflict management skills; professional presence
- Out-of-the-box thinking
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time