Division Sales Engineer
Eaton’s Industrial Controls Division located in Fayetteville NC has an opening for a Division Sales Engineer
The primary function of the Packaged Control Division Sales Engineer is presale support and quotation of UL508 Enclosed Control and UL508A custom control panels. This includes product configuration, pricing, technical, and application support.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will respond to Enclosed Control product configuration, lead time, and pricing requests utilizing Bidmanager tool.
- You will review customer requirements and prepare proposals for UL508A custom control panels engaging application engineers as necessary.
- You will review historical pricing and prepare product margin analysis as necessary. Negotiate with Field Sales/customer, to obtain highest price levels for requested products and services.
- You will provide technical guidance to sales and customers including interpretation of customer plans and specifications, product selection, and application support. Escalate technical questions to engineering team as necessary.
- You will support order entry and price reconciliation with EatonCare and Fayetteville Front-End personnel.
- You will support the development and execution of sales plans and promotion programs for major industries and market segments.
- You will collect, summarize, and present voice of customer to maintain and extend product leadership.
- You will support development of marketing and technical literature.
- You will develop and lead training for field sales, project management, and customers.
- You will act as a product line liaison with IT teams for ongoing support and enhancement of software and e-tools such as Bidmanager, Vista, and product line webpages.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a manufacturing, customer service, sales, or marketing
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, now or in the future without company sponsorship.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and have experience in project support and salesmanship. Knowledge of market channels, technical application of industrial control products, and must also demonstrate the highest level of proficiency in negotiating skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to deal with customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business
- 2 year of experience in a manufacturing, customer service, sales, or marketing
- Knowledge of motor control products and applications
- Project Management experience
- Prior experience with Eaton proprietary software including BidManager, Vista, AS400/Mapics
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time