Commercial Account Manager
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
You will be Account Managing one of our largest clients onsite at Titchfield.
Liaising directly with the client and various internal teams such as operations and manufacturing, to ensure the client receives a fantastic service.
Commercial Account Manager Site Based
Your key deliverables:
The primary purpose of this role is to manage all commercial activities across the specific assigned customer and/or customer grouping to ensure the work performed is in accordance with the contract.
Liaise with internal stake-holders to ensure the Customer’s expectations are met and we deliver to our commitments.
Where required, lead new business proposals, support contract negotiations, and pricing activity to ensure our business interests are protected and balanced appropriately with the demands of the customer to ensure satisfaction is maintained.
The individual will also be required to ensure a one-Eaton, or one-FMC Division approach is adopted to managing the customer, and possibly act on behalf of the Group or Division for non-UK issues at the assigned customer.
· Functions as leader for assigned customer across all FMC plants in Europe and North America. Ensures any issues are escalated appropriately and any related inquiries are directed as needed to the correct people internally (and responded to expediently. Responsible for the voice of the customer.
· Identifies growth opportunities at assigned customer, follows up on them and coordinates organisation to get behind the opportunities. Takes them from inception to completion, working with the various other functions in the business such as CS&S.
· Responsible for maintaining and improving the profitability of the assigned customer portfolio of business, by either pursuing pricing opportunities or cost-out opportunities. Coordinates all pricing and contract activity for the assigned customer(s), working with contract and pricing representatives as required.
· Coordinates, facilitates and (where necessary) leads meetings with the assigned customer(s), especially where leadership involvement is expected.
· Facilitates and manages the relationships and escalation paths between both organisations, especially at the senior levels, to ensure effective communication, prevent over-escalation and manage critical issues.
· Serves as the primary link in communicating the customer high level requirements and supporting contractual flow down with all sites and internal functions as required. Develops strategies, where needed, to work with the customer on specific issues that are challenging either Eaton, the customer, or both.
· Responsible for the alignment of tactical aspects of customer interface systems and promotion of standard processes across the divisional site(s).
Currently working as a Customer Service Manager or Senior Account Manager within a manufacturing environment?
Have you liaised with all areas of a business such as production, operations and supply chain to ensure the service given to a client is at a high level.
We are looking for someone who enjoys speaking to customers on a daily basis, who manages and rectifies hot spots and ensures delivery is at the highest level to our client.
· Experience in the area of business planning within a manufacturing environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Degree educated or equivalent of 5-years working in a commercial / customer facing environment
· Preferably an MBA or equivalent business training
· Strong understanding of commercial / contractual discipline
· Aerospace experience preferable but not essential
· Good aptitude of customer service manufacturing background
· Solid order to manufacturing process experience
· Experience of rectifying issues with clients, and delivering an excellent service
· Solid communication/account management experience
· Flexible in regards to working hours
· Firm understanding of business governance skills and negotiating skills
· Strong communication skills (Internal & External), and driven by data & facts
· Customer focused (balanced with good business acumen)
· Action Oriented and ability to work in time sensitive environment
· Computer literate with competency in Microsoft Office programs and our other enterprise software
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
· Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
· Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
· Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
· Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
(Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time