Plant and Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
- You will be responsible for establishing the direction, focus and motivation of the Maintenance and Tool & Die department team.
- You will be responsible for training of un-skilled, semi-skilled and candidates for skilled positions supporting ongoing production, facilities and maintenance needs. Schedule work activities for direct reports, review employees’ work performances and provide feedback, coordinate safety and employee training activities.
- You will apply cost containment principals when purchasing goods and services. Be able to operate within and below budget expectations.
- You will analyze and resolves work problems, or assists employees in solving work problems.
- You will interface with other departments and contractors to ensure day to day and project completion.
- You will understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established MESH policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities and initiate and participate in continuous improvement activities. Participate as required in problem solving teams, kaizen events, cross functional committees, and multi-discipline initiatives.
- You will participate in lean daily management system (LDMS) activities and support the factory tier process as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing or warehouse or distribution or military environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Candidates must live within commuting distance, no relocation considered
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Technology, Mechanical Technology, or Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 5 + years of related maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to conceptualize, define and resolve complex problems.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks along with excellent time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills to effectively interface multiple cross-functional teams.
- Directly supervise approximately 10 skilled employees.
- Perform other related functions as required to achieve department and site objectives.
- 3 + years managing people.
- MS Word, Excel, SAP, Access
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time