Purchasing Manager - Indirect Professional Services
- Coordinate with within the region and with corporate stakeholders to clearly understand material and service requirements.
- Lead the supplier market analysis and ensure supplier qualifications for RFQ’s which demonstrate TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) for Eaton.
- Lead and assist supplier negotiations for the business on requirements, commercial terms and conditions.
- Build performance based supplier relationships that lead to optimal pricing, quality improvements, process improvements and delivery of world class solutions.
- Communicate with SCM and Corporate on supplier value propositions and supplier performance metrics which enable continuous improvement initiatives and actions.
- Develop reporting metrics and alignment with functional areas to ensure the cost savings and cost mitigation related to sourcing and supplier management activities.
- Develop thorough master services contracts in accordance with regulatory and legal department’s requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business Administration from an accredited university
- Minimum of 10 years’ professional experience
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Supply Chain from an accredited university
- Professional supply chain related certification(s) from ISM or APICS
- 10+ years of professional experience in Supply Chain
- Possess international business cultural awareness
- Possess deep knowledge of the various Professional Services and Travel/Fleet related categories.
- Excellent SCM sourcing and supplier management process and deployment knowledge
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to influence a large and diverse group of stakeholders including senior management, engineers, operations, finance and supply chain management personnel.
- Strong negotiation skills, knowledge, and experience
- Expertise in negotiating/interpreting legal terms and conditions
- Desktop analytics (Excel and PowerPoint skills)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to manage multiple tasks globally
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities required
- Presentation skills essential
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Industrial Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time