Eaton Corporation, the Aerospace Group is currently recruiting for a Senior Buyer to work in our Irvine, CA location.
This position will be responsible for purchase materials and services, as well as obtaining maximum value in terms of price, quality and delivery. This person will plan material flow to insure minimum investment while insuring high levels of support to Program Managers. Responsibilities also include support of purchasing team in a coordinated effort to manage exceptions and achieve plant, division and individual goals and support strategies and issues related to plant operations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop and oversee the implementation of purchasing strategies to support Fuel and Motion Control production schedules while controlling costs. Partners with Production Managers, Contracts and Engineering in the selection of suppliers for new products.
- You will communicate material quality and delivery change requirements to suppliers in an MRP environment.
- You will develop and maintain plans to obtain department and division cost improvements and objectives.
- You will implement corrective actions to minimize the receiving GRIEFs and rejections
- Coordinate material requirements with production schedules, customer requirements and provide feedback to scheduling and management as required.
- You will lead supplier consolidation efforts.
- You will lead continuous improvement activities.
- You will proactively resolve supplier invoicing issues and implements corrective actions to minimize future errors
- You will attend daily production meeting to provide material parts status.
- You will create RFQ’s and place purchase orders, negotiates lowest cost, favorable terms to support material demand requirements.
- You will react to MRP messages to ensure material supply is aligned to system demand and strategically uses system planning and parameters to ensure optimal inventory levels
- You will prepare material status sheets, milestones, schedules and presentations as required to support new program meetings.
- You will conducts periodic supplier business reviews to improve supplier performance
- Other duties as assigned
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 2 years of supply chain experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates must live within 50 miles of Irvine, CA.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to interface at all levels.
- Excellent communication Skills
- Good mathematical and decision making skills
- Good Time management skills
- High level of computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Microsoft Project)
- Sourcing and purchasing experience with Machining, Raw Materials and Castings commodities
- Ability to read technical engineering drawings
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business or Operations from an accredited institution.
• Knowledge of AS9100 Quality Management System requirements.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time