Flex Center Application Engineer
- You will Generate control, connection, dimension and assembly drawings for custom enclosed drive products using drawing and modeling software
- You will interpret general control logic and have the ability to troubleshoot logic problems identified on the manufacturing.
- You will Interface with customers on new custom/flex packaged drive solutions both electrically and mechanically
- You will program protection relay schemes to implement controls with or without Data Concentrator.
- You will Generate and implement Engineering Change Orders, related to drawing or BOM changes
- You will Create manufacturing part numbers for purchased parts and assist in the development of new product solutions
- You will Assist manufacturing and industrialization teams in enclosed variable frequency drive products and in implementing Lean Manufacturing concepts throughout all areas of operations
- You will Manage Bid-Manager, e-tools, and online process development efforts to improve the drives product line
- Bachelor degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience in an engineering role.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Watertown, WI facility will be considered
- Advanced degree in related field
- Experience in product engineering/product line support role
- Working knowledge of UL508A standard
- Advanced proficiencies in AutoCAD Electrical and Inventor
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with Custom Order Engineering
- Advanced data analysis and macro / programming experience
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Results-driven and self-motivated
- Excellent communication, problem solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings, wiring schematics, and specifications
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft applications
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Incumbent must have excellent reasoning skills and ability to act on them to ensure quality of work
- Position requires an individual who is self-motivated, self-managed, team-oriented, proactive, attentive to detail, and able to overcome obstacles to meet schedule requirements
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time