Sales Representative Cleveland
Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds division has an opening for a Field Sales Representative in the Great Lakes area. This position will be based out of Cleveland, Ohio and will be responsible for Ohio, Michigan, Indiana and Illinois.
As the electrical industry's global leader for explosion proof and hazardous environments, Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Business is constantly pushing forward and looking ahead, advancing electrical and instrumentation products in new and innovative ways. Eaton's Crouse-Hinds Business manufactures over 100,000 products for NEC and IEC applications, including: conduit fittings and cable glands, industrial control and electrical apparatus, enclosures, industrial luminaires (including LED), plugs and receptacles, drilling and marine products, commercial construction and solar solutions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for achieving sales goals and executing sales plans and achieving sales goals within an assigned sales territory and/or account.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will close orders; prepare professional quotations and bills of material.
- You will monitor flow of targeted business in assigned area and communicate issues, needs and/or workload requirements as necessary.
- You will initiate order preparation activity; provide technical and application assistance to customers and distributors.
- You will conduct occasional customer visits; will organize and/or assist in customer training efforts.
- You will maintain office catalogs/competitive information files and other industry-related documentation.
- You will sustain proper communication with internal customers, including price and product feedback on both commercial and technical issues while maintaining effective communication and coordination with field sales engineers.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years of sales experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit offered, candidates must live within 50 miles of Cleveland to be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Technical Sales from an accredited university
- Experience selling into electrical or heavy industrial markets
- 5 years of industrial product sales experience
- Oil and gas industry knowledge
- Demonstrated track record of exceeding quotas and sales targets
- Strong project management capabilities
- Organized, detailed oriented and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Exceptional listening skills and self-motivation are essential
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time