Senior Technical Buyer
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Senior Technical Buyer to join our team. This position is based at our Milton, Ontario facility.
The Senior Technical Buyer is responsible for supporting the purchasing for Milton’s Low Voltage Distribution Assembly Operations managing the supplier base and maintain the existence of a cost effective material and service supply line that supports the manufacturing and sales of National operations. With a key focus on driving cost out, the position will be responsible for driving materials savings through price negotiations, sourcing alternative solutions and cost analysis studies. Responsibilities include the development, tracking and implementation of cost savings opportunities to meet cost out targets. The Senior Technical Buyer will focus on supplier relationships, evaluating the suppliers and working with suppliers based on their quality and delivery performance to ensure material availability to meet the needs of our customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. You will be responsible for:
- You will track and report out on cost savings progress by project.
- You will manage key supplier relationships based on quality and delivery performance measures.
- You will any identified strategic supplier programs.
- You will manage supplier contracts (Letters of intent, bailment agreements, tooling)
- Issuing RFQ’s/ RFP’s for new and existing products to ensure best value, quality and service at the most competitive cost.
- You will act as a liaison with Corporate Commodity Management.
- You will act as a liaison between engineering, marketing and the supplier for new product development and capital projects.
- You will provide technical / commercial skills to develop awareness of manufacturing processes and improve product knowledge
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- University Degree/College Diploma, or PMAC Certificate in Purchasing, or SCMP designation.
- Minimum 3 years in purchasing in a manufacturing environment.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates must live within 80km of Milton, Ca.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, SC and/or Engineering (mechanical, electrical or mechatronics).
- Strong knowledge of division products, systems, purchasing and accounting policies.
- Advanced knowledge of purchasing techniques and supplier chain management.
- Advanced computer skills especially in MS Office and database management.
- Oracle, VISTA, WISPER, Outlook.
- Proven purchasing experience, preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes and components.
- Ability to interpret mechanical, and electrical engineering drawings in AutoCAD/PDF, and have a good knowledge base of mechanical fabrication processes.
- Strong data analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Negotiation/Supplier Relationship experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of supply chain policies and best practices.
- Demonstrated professional presence and communicates articulately.
- Effective communication skills to interface effectively with team members, across all levels of the organization and with suppliers.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically up to 20%
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time