Quality Liaison Leader
Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Quality Liaison Leader to join our team. This position is based at our Van Wert, OH facility.
In this role, you will lead the Supplier and Plant Quality team members to meet and exceed internal and external customer expectations. This role must drive the process and develop the product framework when administrating quality improvements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will identify and provide direction to support completion of assignments that directly support plant objectives and execute the same with minimal supervision.
- You will create a team environment that collectively and proactively supports continual improvement in the department and facility.
- You will assess and design ways to refine operations to improve efficiencies and reduce process variations.
- You will lead or provide technical guidance (internal/external) to cross-functional teams assigned to process improvement projects/problem solving teams/product development teams.
- You will manage activity of departmental personnel to ensure effective resource management to support the plant objectives and customer satisfaction.
- You will identify, implement and verify corrective action activity within the plant. Lead the review and disposition of supplier corrective action.
- You direct or participate in quality system audits, quality training, monthly performance assessments and other activities to support an effective quality system.
- You will establish and direct an effective communication process with internal and external suppliers and customer to ensure it is accurate, timely and it promotes partnerships.
- You will complete corrective actions utilizing appropriate tools to establish root cause and determine permanent corrective actions for occurrence and systemic issues.
- You will support PPAP activity within the department as needed.
- You will support various quality functions and flex as needed.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
- Minimum 1 year experience in Quality Assurance role
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- ASQ Certified Quality Technician (CQT) preferred.
- Preferred knowledge in understanding and applying product drawings, product engineering standards, process control plans, PFMEAs, routers, job instructions, standardized work, basic statistical methods, and measurement tools.
- Must have technical skills and proficiencies in gaging, data analysis, use of computers, writing and oral communications.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time