Sr. EHS Technician - 2nd Shift
- You will assist in MESH implementation at site and manage ISO 14001 documentation
- You will assist in budget preparation and control activities
- You will assist in the preparation and control of records, statistics, and reports regarding operations
- You will manage the MESH MOC process, this will include mentoring employees who perform a variety of engineering work in designing, installing, operating, and maintaining measuring apparatus necessary to determine the level of pollutants involving air, land and water
- You will manage the hazardous waste compliance program under RCRA
- You will ensure industrial hygiene monitoring for identified hazardous risk such as air, noise, dust, etc.
- You will maintain and monitor current information and plant compliance on government EHS regulations and corporate policy
- You will ensure that appropriate air pollution permits, sewer ordinance requirements NPDES permits are current and are complied with
- You will prepare required reports, plans and other government EHS filings and ensures timely and accurate submission
- You will evaluate jobs for possible ergonomic improvements (body mechanics, lifts, hoists, manipulators, etc.) and implement these work design changes
- You will actively investigate all accidents and near misses, identifies root causes, and ensures corrective actions are implemented. Will be the lead person for 8D on all recordable accidents.
- You will coordinate all OSHA compliance programs, including, but not limited to: PPE, Hearing Conservation, Respiratory Protection, Blood Borne Pathogen, Foot Protection and Eye Protection, Confined Space, Contractor Safety and Hazard Communication
- You will serve as a leader of the plant's safety committee
- You will maintain an up-to-date emergency response procedure
- Associate’s Degree in Environmental Sciences or Safety related field from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year Environmental Health & Safety management experience in a manufacturing or consulting environment OR a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety or Industrial Hygiene
- Working knowledge of ISO 14001
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated success in leading, planning, development, and implementation of EHS management systems and compliance programs.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels in an organization, while establishing and maintaining a strong EHS presence.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time